+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Health for my daughter bornt out of canada

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Hello, I am a PR and had a daughter with my wife, who is also PR, in Europe. We are coming back to Canada and wanted to know if my daughter who was bornt in Europe and is not PR yet, will be covered by Alberta Health Insurance.

Basically, Father, mother and sister are PR, this new baby was bornt in Europe, is she covered by AHI?

Can someone tell me?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You should be covered, provided your child has a valid passport stamp. AHCIC will only cover her while she is authorized to be in the country, so a date on the stamp is important or a visitor record. Keep in mind that AHCIC will not cover someone on implied status.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, I am a PR and had a daughter with my wife, who is also PR, in Europe. We are coming back to Canada and wanted to know if my daughter who was bornt in Europe and is not PR yet, will be covered by Alberta Health Insurance.

Basically, Father, mother and sister are PR, this new baby was bornt in Europe, is she covered by AHI?

Can someone tell me?
Assuming that you will be sponsoring the child when you come to Canada, explain that to CBSA when entering and ask for a one year Visitor Record.