IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada.. :)
Evening folks, I was going through the Alberta health care website and came across that you can add your spouse if you currently have the health card and are PR or citizen. Spouse can be added while on visitor permit without OWP. There is a form that you can fill and either mail it to AHS mailing address or bring it to any registry. I will be doing that tomorrow, looking here to see if anyone have done this before and it is exactly what it says. Please share if you have a similar experience.

PS- spouse is currently waiting for the OWP which might take another 4-6 weeks.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 26th november 2012
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Evening folks, I was going through the Alberta health care website and came across that you can add your spouse if you currently have the health card and are PR or citizen. Spouse can be added while on visitor permit without OWP. There is a form that you can fill and either mail it to AHS mailing address or bring it to any registry. I will be doing that tomorrow, looking here to see if anyone have done this before and it is exactly what it says. Please share if you have a similar experience.

PS- spouse is currently waiting for the OWP which might take another 4-6 weeks.
I have a visitor record and I got Alberta health. My spouse added me to his. It was issued with the same deadline as my visitor record.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
I have a visitor record and I got Alberta health. My spouse added me to his. It was issued with the same deadline as my visitor record.
Thank you for the reply, Visitor record is 6 months from the entry date in canada or the valid till date on the TRV which is 10 years from the day it was issued?

Reactions: Eveslm

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the reply, Visitor record is 6 months from the entry date in canada or the valid till date on the TRV which is 10 years from the day it was issued?
Neither. A Visitor Record is an actual document issued by IRCC or CBSA stating how long you can stay as a visitor. If you don't have a VR, you will not be able to get AHCIP coverage.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
Neither. A Visitor Record is an actual document issued by IRCC or CBSA stating how long you can stay as a visitor. If you don't have a VR, you will not be able to get AHCIP coverage.
Thank you, Just checked online and it says that it will take upto 30 days to receive it after you make the request. Dis you have to wait that long too?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you, Just checked online and it says that it will take upto 30 days to receive it after you make the request. Dis you have to wait that long too?
I have no idea what you are referring to. To get a VR, you would need to apply for a visitor extension, which takes 3-4 months to be processed.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
I have no idea what you are referring to. To get a VR, you would need to apply for a visitor extension, which takes 3-4 months to be processed.
I am talking about travel history report that is required to show that you entered legally in canada, if your passport got stamped thats your proof, if not then you need travel history report, you can request it from ATIP which takes 30 days to process your request.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am talking about travel history report that is required to show that you entered legally in canada, if your passport got stamped thats your proof, if not then you need travel history report, you can request it from ATIP which takes 30 days to process your request.
I'm not sure where you are getting your infromation from but Alberta Health doesn't accept passport stamps or travel history reports. It isn't about showing that you entered legally; it's about showing how long you have legal status for. You need an actual immigration document, which for a visitor, is a Visitor Record.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
I'm not sure where you are getting your information from but Alberta Health doesn't accept passport stamps or travel history reports. It isn't about showing that you entered legally; it's about showing how long you have legal status for. You need an actual immigration document, which for a visitor, is a Visitor Record.
I called AHS today to see what is required to add my wife as a dependent to my Alberta health card, was advised that i need to fill an add a dependent form and bring travel history report along with it to any registry and they will add my wife as a dependent, she will only be added for 6 month from the date she first entered in Canada. Regarding the visitor record, i believe that you can get that when you extend your stay past the 6 months. Please let me know if i am missing anything or i am wrong in any of this.

wife's application for OWP and PR is in process.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
cc
I called AHS today to see what is required to add my wife as a dependent to my Alberta health card, was advised that i need to fill an add a dependent form and bring travel history report along with it to any registry and they will add my wife as a dependent, she will only be added for 6 month from the date she first entered in Canada. Regarding the visitor record, i believe that you can get that when you extend your stay past the 6 months. Please let me know if i am missing anything or i am wrong in any of this.

If they told you that you can use the travel history report then just apply. You can get the forms to add dependent online. The worst that can happen is that they reject it. But it's better to try and apply may be she will be given a health card. And once she she gets her owp, she can apply to renew then health card when it expires.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I've never heard of them accepting a travel history report, as it does not actually indicate the length of legal stay. A person can have their stay limited by CBSA upon entry, so the automatic 6 months isn't given to everyone.

sep28

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
alberta
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
02/11/2012
AOR Received.
20/01/2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
05/02/2013
LANDED..........

Thanks for the reply, I am waiting for the ATIP notes that shows her entry to canada as her passport was not stamped when she landed in Calgary, ATIP request can take upto 30 days. so waiting for it. hopefully her OWP comes before that.

May 2, 2023
My wife got visitor visa and pregnant for 5 months . She will be travelling in November 2023
Can I get Alberta health insurance for my wife and claim all the costs for pregnancy till birth
We have also applied for spousal sponsorship from India and it’s still in process
Please let me know if it is safe to travel and cover the costs from Alberta

my email : mmudassira8@gmail.com