+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta H1b PNP questions

randb

Aug 3, 2010
Hi All. My first post here and I'm very excited to be here and start the process of immigrating to Canada... I have a couple of questions about the application process, and would really appreciate any help I can get. I'm currently on H1B since October 1, 2009 (10 months). I've also worked on OPT for a year before my H1-B started (same company, same job).

1. The Alberta H1-B requires a candidate to be on H1B for a year, before applying. Anyone know how that 1 year is counted? Does it mean that I can only mail out my application on October 2nd, 2010 at the earliest?

2. I'm planning on applying under NOC code 1235 (Assessors, Valuators and Appraisers). My job description doesn't exactly match the code. There is sort of a similarity, so I was wondering if anyone knows how strict they are when it comes to job descriptions...

Thanks in advance, for the help!

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
1. Yes you have to wait till Oct 1st 2010 ( as your 1 year completes on Sep 30,2010) not Oct 2nd ;), to mail your application, thats what I did last year.
2. They will go over your job responsibilities and match them to the closest NOC in the list.

randb

Aug 3, 2010
thanks for the quick response. Another quick question...

My job title recently changed due to a reorg in my company (only title not responsiblities). I prefer using my old title because it sort of works for the NOC code I'm applying under. My I797 also has the old title and the job description letters I'm planning on submitting also have the same old title. Would it be OK if I only listed my old job title, or do I have to list the new one as well?

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
You will only need the original offer letter and the H1B application document that shows your job responsibilities so you should stick with your old job titile, again what matters is your job responsibilities not the title.