+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta AINP recent Covid-19 Changes for Outland Applicants

bamboy

Apr 24, 2012
Any update please let us know..Appreciate
Nomination certificates will be reduced from 6250 to nearly 4000 maximum. Some sectors will be stopped for temporary work recruitment. More details will be published this week

payaker

Feb 11, 2020
Nomination certificates will be reduced from 6250 to nearly 4000 maximum. Some sectors will be stopped for temporary work recruitment. More details will be published this week
Too bad is this reduction for Alberta pnp only right?

Rajit

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
source of this information please ?

Rajit

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Bad start of the day!! The economy will rebound for sure like we've seen WCS bounced back already and their employment numbers are going to improve (much to be seen in the upcoming Labour force survey report). It's not the time to restrict immigration when their housing sector is stressed, skill shortages mounting high & huge retirements coming up.

2019 was a golden year when so many nominations poured in especially in the 400+ CRS category. Alberta's reduced intake now making me worried if there is any chance for outland applicants this year.

Last edited:

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
This is latest on Alberta nominee programs and temporary worker program. Looks like rest of the 2020 is pretty hard for outlanders. They are going to issue almost 2000 more NOIs in rest of the year with many NOCs not allowed.

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
applied in EE and PNP on a parallel. received NOI last Oct and paper work completed after nomination in Feb 2020. so in short i already have the nomination..

Hello mudassar,
Pls pls help me....I am planning to apply for Alberta PNP Express Entry stream. I have two queries pls make it resolve.

-two brother in laws (spouce brother)live in alberta since 13 years.Are they strong ties ?

- IELTS Current ( L-7, W-6.5, R-5.5, S-7)

I got 6.5 in IELTS but in reading I got 5.5 , Can I create my profile under Alberta express entry with the same IELTS score,

shamleo84

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Hi All ,

I got my file no on 18 April but still no luck.
I am outlander with job offer. I am stuck now and looking for suggestions.
mu LMIA will expire by 04 sep 2020 till now i have no update on nomination.
what should i do??
1- should i apply for work permit ( but embassies are closed)
2- Should i travel to canada before the expiry of the LMIA and apply work permit inside canada?

Please advise

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi All ,

what should i do??
2- Should i travel to canada before the expiry of the LMIA and apply work permit inside canada?

Please advise
Get your LMIA extended, its free and fast, the officer which issued the LMIA can extend its validity upto 3 months. Why didn't you applied for work permit? Is your LMIA dual intent? Also you can't travel to Canada on the base of LMIA, which is only suggestion by service Canada. For traveling you need authorization like work permit, study visa, PR etc

yousufkh

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Hi All ,

what should i do??

Please advise
Did you got your LMIA extended? Any update from AINP? I think you are an outlander?