+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA AINP NEW PORTAL - NOI 2021

Jun 22, 2022
It's
If your employer has a positive LMIA for the job offered, then put ‘yes’ in EE profile, and if not, then put ‘no’. But it’s not gonna make any difference because having a positive LMIA is not a requirement for Alberta express entry. And mine was without LMIA too.
It's not a requirement but it increases your chances of getting noi from Alberta.

Shivani29

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
If your employer has a positive LMIA for the job offered, then put ‘yes’ in EE profile, and if not, then put ‘no’. But it’s not gonna make any difference because having a positive LMIA is not a requirement for Alberta express entry. And mine was without LMIA too.
hi avneet

do u mean that we dont need LMIA for Alberta PNP?
But u did update ur profile with job offer?
what is the difference between LMIA and job offer?
dont we need LMIA for 50 points?
does alberta government treat job offer as equal to LMIA?

regards
shivani

Jun 22, 2022
hi avneet

do u mean that we dont need LMIA for Alberta PNP?
But u did update ur profile with job offer?
what is the difference between LMIA and job offer?
dont we need LMIA for 50 points?
does alberta government treat job offer as equal to LMIA?

regards
shivani
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

I don't think job offer and lmia are same. For a job offer to be valid, it must have a positive lmia or be exempt from lmia.

I would like to see someone confirming this please.

Reactions: ilikesnow

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Updated with Alberta job offer - Mar 12, 2022
Hi do you mean you updates your express entry profile, where it says Does XXXX have a job offer in Canada?
So you ticked that box in EE profile for job offer in Canada, for which you get extra points as well as you had a Alberta Job offer without a positive LMIA?

miahmed

Jul 20, 2015
Ok thanks.. Its means on your EE home page it must be showing not applicable under job offer section.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
@ilikesnow what do you say about this?
This is correct that you can only select Yes in job offer section in EE if you have a LMIA. Second part about not making a difference confuses me because Alberta Job offer does need no LMIA in AINP EE Stream Eligibility section.

Alberta did gave @Avneet97 Nomination but I'm concerned on IRCC part when Permanent resident application is lodged and they access the Canadian Job offer part where there will be no LMIA. Again I'm no expert, a immigration advisor/lawyer would be best person to answer. I just can't find anything online where it says Alberta Job offer can be without LMIA in EE.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility.aspx
It says:

Alberta job offers must be from an Alberta employer:

• that is incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province, territory or the Parliament of Canada and that is operating an established production capacity, plant or a place of business in Alberta, and
  • for which you do not hold more than 10% of the overall voting shares for the business
    • Note: fee for service contracts with an Alberta heath-care provider for a health care occupation are not subject to ownership limits.
The job offer must be bona fide, signed by your Alberta employer and must offer:

• continuous, paid work
  • full-time work, defined as a minimum of 30 hours per week
  • employment for 12 months or more
  • wages and benefits that meet or exceed provincial minimum wage
  • work in a location in Alberta
    • If you are or will be working at a home-base business in Alberta your employer must be authorized to operate that business location from a personal residence.

Avneet97

Mar 30, 2022
I’m not an expert on immigration law, but I will try to answer everyone’s questions about the LMIA to the best of my knowledge.

@Shivani29 and @sirbillspearsthelegend Yes job offer and LMIA are two separate things. If you have a job offer without LMIA, you can update it in the EE profile by selecting ‘No’ under ‘do you have a positive LMIA’ however if you selected ’Yes’, the next field will be to put the LMIA number anyway. By doing this, you will NOT get the 50 points of LMIA for the federal pool. But it can serve up as a connection to Alberta which increases the chances of getting NOI. Now, you can’t use that job offer to get a work permit because it doesn’t have a positive LMIA, but after you get nominated you can apply for a Letter of Support and use that to get a work permit.

@ilikesnow As I said I didn’t get the 50 points because it’s without LMIA. And I don’t I think it will effect the Permanent residence application because I’m not getting permanent residence or nomination based upon the job offer, it’s merely helping to establish a connection with Alberta. Moreover, if having a job offer with LMIA was the only option, they would have never given the option to select ‘No’ for the Do you have LMIA question. And after selecting No they do ask for complete details of the employer which will only make sense if they are going to accept it.

Again I’m not an expert on this, and I’m only sharing my personal experience.

Jun 22, 2022
I’m not an expert on immigration law, but I will try to answer everyone’s questions about the LMIA to the best of my knowledge.

@Shivani29 and @sirbillspearsthelegend Yes job offer and LMIA are two separate things. If you have a job offer without LMIA, you can update it in the EE profile by selecting ‘No’ under ‘do you have a positive LMIA’ however if you selected ’Yes’, the next field will be to put the LMIA number anyway. By doing this, you will NOT get the 50 points of LMIA for the federal pool. But it can serve up as a connection to Alberta which increases the chances of getting NOI. Now, you can’t use that job offer to get a work permit because it doesn’t have a positive LMIA, but after you get nominated you can apply for a Letter of Support and use that to get a work permit.

@ilikesnow As I said I didn’t get the 50 points because it’s without LMIA. And I don’t I think it will effect the Permanent residence application because I’m not getting permanent residence or nomination based upon the job offer, it’s merely helping to establish a connection with Alberta. Moreover, if having a job offer with LMIA was the only option, they would have never given the option to select ‘No’ for the Do you have LMIA question. And after selecting No they do ask for complete details of the employer which will only make sense if they are going to accept it.

Again I’m not an expert on this, and I’m only sharing my personal experience.
Now, you can’t use that job offer to get a work permit because it doesn’t have a positive LMIA, but after you get nominated you can apply for a Letter of Support and use that to get a work permit.

Can you please explain about letter of Support?
And again, we are no experts here, but I think that the NO option in LMIA is for jobs which are exempt from LMIA.

ABimTim

May 29, 2021
Yes under Valid job offer it says ‘Not applicable’
Congratulations Avneet. I can see we share the same NOC Code 1241, please how did you get a job offer as an outlander? I am going out of my mind, I have been in the pool since April 2021 with a score of 433, my relatives are in Calgary Alberta, I have applied to several employers via Linkedin and Jobbank. I miss my sister so much, is there a way you can advise me? can you share your email? Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Avneet97

Mar 30, 2022
Now, you can’t use that job offer to get a work permit because it doesn’t have a positive LMIA, but after you get nominated you can apply for a Letter of Support and use that to get a work permit.

Can you please explain about letter of Support?
And again, we are no experts here, but I think that the NO option in LMIA is for jobs which are exempt from LMIA.
If you did not have a valid work permit at the time of nomination, you can request a 204(c) Letter of Support from the AAIP if you have a valid job offer to work in Alberta. You can use the 204(c) Letter of Support to apply to IRCC for a work permit. https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-after-you-are-nominated.aspx#jumplinks-2

It took me a while to find it but I was pretty sure that I have seen someone else post on this forum about not needing LMIA for a job offer and I found it. It’s on Page 176 #2632 https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/alberta-ainp-new-portal-noi-2021.725801/post-10056895 I’m not sure if @sarb13 is still active. But if you’re can you please share your thoughts about it. Thanks!

Avneet97

Mar 30, 2022
Congratulations Avneet. I can see we share the same NOC Code 1241, please how did you get a job offer as an outlander? I am going out of my mind, I have been in the pool since April 2021 with a score of 433, my relatives are in Calgary Alberta, I have applied to several employers via Linkedin and Jobbank. I miss my sister so much, is there a way you can advise me? can you share your email? Thanks in anticipation of your response.
I got this job from Indeed. It took me more than 2 months and 100s of job applications to get this job offer. I would advise you to keep looking for a job, you’re going to find it one day. And keep your focus on Indeed and LinkedIn that’s where I got the maximum response. I never got any response from the employers on Jobbank.

Is your sister a Canadian citizen/ Permanent Resident in Alberta? If she is, then that increases your chances to get the NOI. But at the end of the day, it’s upto the AAIP to select the criteria for NOI.