+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA AINP NEW PORTAL - NOI 2021

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Is there a way you can reach out to AINP directly and request consideration of your application?
I don't think there is any way per what I know , unless you are eligible in their accelerated tech pathway program as they ask you to fill a form seperately and they review your file and invite you if you're eligible when they do the draws.

Shamilsageer

Feb 4, 2022
Pls are you certified in canada? If no, how were you able to navigate the need for certification in AINP application, since 3211 is a regulated occupation?
HI,
I have completed the CSMLS PLA process and am declared eligible to write the exam.
But, I don't think that is a mandatory requirement.

Reactions: TemiPD

Kindatired

Feb 18, 2022
I received an Alberta nomination last year and applied to IRCC for PR. My case was returned to me due to incomplete submission after 2.5 months (Missing document). Upon contacting ainp I realized I have to start from the scratch and must receive a new noi as they cannot transfer your nomination to a new express entry profile.
My score is 500+, inland, graduated from an Albertan uni and currently working in a PDF position (noc: 4011).
Received a new NOI on Dec 14, 2021 and submitted the application on Dec 16. Last time, they processed my application within a few days (9 days). This time, more than 2 months and nothing. Sent multiple status enquiries to ainp, trying to explain my situation, never heard back from them.
Has anyone had any success contacting ainp office?

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
I received an Alberta nomination last year and applied to IRCC for PR. My case was returned to me due to incomplete submission after 2.5 months (Missing document). Upon contacting ainp I realized I have to start from the scratch and must receive a new noi as they cannot transfer your nomination to a new express entry profile.
My score is 500+, inland, graduated from an Albertan uni and currently working in a PDF position (noc: 4011).
Received a new NOI on Dec 14, 2021 and submitted the application on Dec 16. Last time, they processed my application within a few days (9 days). This time, more than 2 months and nothing. Sent multiple status enquiries to ainp, trying to explain my situation, never heard back from them.
Has anyone had any success contacting ainp office?
AINP processing times have been slowly creeping up since mid-2021. I remember people were getting their nominations within two weeks of applying last August. However, the average processing time seems to be about 2.5 months right now. To give you an anecdotal account, my processing time was 2.25 months and I applied in November. All I can say is hang in there and keep an eye out for your status changing to "Information Requested".

Out of curiosity, can I ask what document was missing in your original PR application?

Kindatired

Feb 18, 2022
AINP processing times have been slowly creeping up since mid-2021. I remember people were getting their nominations within two weeks of applying last August. However, the average processing time seems to be about 2.5 months right now. To give you an anecdotal account, my processing time was 2.25 months and I applied in November. All I can say is hang in there and keep an eye out for your status changing to "Information Requested".

Out of curiosity, can I ask what document was missing in your original PR application?
Thanks for the response. Sure!
Do not make the same mistakes and heed my call, they are looking for an excuse to reject/return your application. For my PhD degree, I uploaded the letter of program completion and the official transcripts since I did not have the degree at the time (it takes a few months after graduation to receive the degree). Since I applied for PGWP and their requirements were met with the letter of program completion from the institution and also ainp accepted my docs, I went ahead and applied with the same docs. They mercilessly returned my application and did not accept the original doc which I sent using the webform after they returned my application. Other provinces transfer your nomination to the new express entry profile when something like this happens, but this is not the case with Alberta. So you have to start from the scratch (not to mention the additional costs and severe mental damage)!
Make sure you are uploading the exact docs they want when you are invited to apply.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
I have checked with employer as well. No email. Checked spam as well
Give it until Monday and then ask your employer again to check their inbox/spam. If nothing has shown up till then, it's possible their email never made it to you/your employer.

Still, no need to worry. People have reported on the forum here that the program officer reaches out to the candidate directly if they have not received a response to their information request in the allotted time (usually 1 week).

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
Thanks for the response. Sure!
Do not make the same mistakes and heed my call, they are looking for an excuse to reject/return your application. For my PhD degree, I uploaded the letter of program completion and the official transcripts since I did not have the degree at the time (it takes a few months after graduation to receive the degree). Since I applied for PGWP and their requirements were met with the letter of program completion from the institution and also ainp accepted my docs, I went ahead and applied with the same docs. They mercilessly returned my application and did not accept the original doc which I sent using the webform after they returned my application. Other provinces transfer your nomination to the new express entry profile when something like this happens, but this is not the case with Alberta. So you have to start from the scratch (not to mention the additional costs and severe mental damage)!
Make sure you are uploading the exact docs they want when you are invited to apply.
That's preposterous. It's such a mixed bag when it comes to incomplete documents in PR applications. Your case might have been assigned to a particularly crabby officer.

Wishing you the best this time around. Hang in there!

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
@Kindatired omg. The exact same thing happened to me. I too attached my Letter of Completion from the Dean, plus a full transcript that states the program was completed. You'd think that was enough proof, because heck yah I completed the program!! They returned the whole thing as incomplete - aaaaaaand then that was the end of CEC draws. I still think about that almost every day (trying not to though).

Man. I can't believe that wasn't just an isolated incident. Hang in there!! (also I just dm'ed you!)

Reactions: Kindatired

Kindatired

Feb 18, 2022
@Kindatired omg. The exact same thing happened to me. I too attached my Letter of Completion from the Dean, plus a full transcript that states the program was completed. You'd think that was enough proof, because heck yah I completed the program!! They returned the whole thing as incomplete - aaaaaaand then that was the end of CEC draws. I still think about that almost every day (trying not to though).

Man. I can't believe that wasn't just an isolated incident. Hang in there!! (also I just dm'ed you!)
Believe it or not, I know a friend who is in the same boat, but get this, his case was returned because he uploaded the wrong birth certificate for his daughter (he has 3 daughters and it was a rookie mistake, and how important is this doc anyway?). Unfortunately, we are just a bunch of numbers and workload to these officers.