+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airticket cancellation and refund beofre decision is made - Online TRV New Delhi

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Hello everyone,

I submitted my TRV Application online on 27 June 2015. Since I am from India, I think it will be processed by CHC, New Delhi.

This is my second TRV application as first paper based application was refused last week.

I have booked a Roundtrip flight ticket (Departure 14 July 2015 and Return from Canada on 11 August 2015) and submitted its Invoice and E-Ticket in the application package.

From 29 June 2015, I can see a update in MyCIC account that "Review of medical results - Passed" (Have done medical test by CIC Panel Physician in last 12 months as I am a PR Applicant in Spousal Sponsorship Category)

Other status messages are: "Application/profile status - Open", "Review of submitted documents - No additional documents are needed at this time", "Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time", "Review of biometric information-Not needed at this time", "A final decision has been reached -Not Started"

From the forum I understand that Online application takes much long time compared to paper-based and I may not get my visa decision before travelling date. Even if the visa is granted, it's impossible to get the passport stamped before 14 July.

I was told by the airline that full refund can be provided if visa is refused. I can apply for cancellation and full refund anytime from now with the visa refusal letter I got with the first application.

Will my current online application be affected, if I cancel the Air Ticket and get the refund before a decision is made?

Let me know your opinion

Thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It seems like you've got a couple of things wrong:
For one, online applications do not take more time to process than paper applications.... (processing times vary from case to case)

Second, it is not necessary to provide confirmed tickets with a visa application.... (it is advisable to book tickets only after a visa is issued), and

Last of all, you have submitted your application on June 27 which is too close to your intended travel date of July 14

To answer your question: No, your online application will not be affected if you cancel your plane tickets before a decision is made

All the best :)

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Bryanna said:
Hi,

It seems like you've got a couple of things wrong:
For one, online applications do not take more time to process than paper applications.... (processing times vary from case to case)

Second, it is not necessary to provide confirmed tickets with a visa application.... (it is advisable to book tickets only after a visa is issued), and

Last of all, you have submitted your application on June 27 which is too close to your intended travel date of July 14

To answer your question: No, your online application will not be affected if you cancel your plane tickets before a decision is made

All the best :)

Thanks Bryanna