+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airport transit visa for Frankfurt

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
It doesn't really answer the question. Because Morocco is not in the list that generally needs ATV.

Generally, citizens of the following countries need an airport transit visa:

Afghanistan

Lebanon
Bangladesh
Myanmar
Democratic Republic of Congo
Nigeria
Eritrea
Pakistan
Ethiopia
Somalia
Ghana
Sri Lanka
India
Sudan
Iraq

South Sudan
Iran
Syria
Jordan (Holders of a valid visa for Australia, Israel or New Zealand and if they are travelling to these countries and are in possession of a valid Boardcard or confirmed flight ticket do not need an airport transit visa)

Turkey (Holders of a diplomatic, offical or ministerial passports do not need an airport transit visa)

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
bazinga07 said:
@ Inam: But study permit is obtained at port of entry in Canada, I guess.

@ Candyman: Yes, because even India is in that list which generally requires ATV. Were you travelling for the first time via this route?

Yes my stay was less than 7 hours...I have been to UK many times as via transiting from frankfurt, amsterdam, etc and was never asked for a transit visa..

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
@Bazinga:

We (Pakistani) don't need transit visa for UK if we have Canadian visa stamped in our passport. I have confirmed it from a number of travel agents.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Dear Mr,

you need a transit visa for your journey.

Best regards

Visa and Consular Department
German Embassy Riyadh
P.O.Box 94001
11693 Riyadh
Saudi Arabia
Tel. +966-1-488 0700 - 234
Fax +966-1-488 0279
www.riad.diplo.de

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
Dear Mr,

you need a transit visa for your journey.

Best regards

Visa and Consular Department
German Embassy Riyadh
P.O.Box 94001
11693 Riyadh
Saudi Arabia
Tel. +966-1-488 0700 - 234
Fax +966-1-488 0279
www.riad.diplo.de
:eek: Yeah in FAQ on the website of German embassy for Pakistan, it only allows canadian PR holder to pass through germany without transit visa.

Quote: "As a Pakistani national you require an airport transit visa (that is a visa for short stopovers while you are waiting a few hours for your onward flight in the airport's international transit area).

Please note that a stay in airport transit areas is only possible at the airports in Frankfurt/Main, Hamburg and München.

However, as a Pakistani national you do not require an airport transit visa if you have a permanent residence permit for Andorra, Canada, Ireland, Japan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, UK, Vatican or the United States of America.

Hotel accommodation is only available outside the transit area. Please apply for a regular tourist visa if you want to stay outside the airport overnight."

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
I messaged him again, telling him that I hold a valid Canadian S1 Study Visa. He said in that case you don't need a transit visa. Btw guys can you explain me when we receive our visa, is it just letter of introduction or there is a visa stamped on the passport?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
I messaged him again, telling him that I hold a valid Canadian S1 Study Visa. He said in that case you don't need a transit visa. Btw guys can you explain me when we receive our visa, is it just letter of introduction or there is a visa stamped on the passport?
There is a visa stamped on the passport. The letter of introduction is for obtaining the Study permit at the POE

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
What's the net result? Do Pakistani need the transit visa or not?

On german embassy website for Pakistan it says we need it. On german embassy website for Canada it says we don't.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
The email I got later from Germany Embassy says that if you have a valid Canadian visa, you don't need a transit visa. I would still advice you to check with German Embassy in Pakistan. So we have a final picture.

vm87

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

I understand that if I am an Indian national with a valid Canadian Visa, I don't need a transit visa to transit through Frankfurt. Does this apply to me if I have a Canadian Permanent Resident Card as well?