+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Airport transit visa for Frankfurt

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hi,

Can anyone tell me over here that if a Pakistani national wants to travel to Canada through Frankfurt. Would he be needing an airport transit visa?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me over here that if a Pakistani national wants to travel to Canada through Frankfurt. Would he be needing an airport transit visa?
Yes, but some exceptions are also mentioned.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
What about through London? I am a resident in Saudi. Someone who called the German Embassy to ask about this said, if it's less than 7 hours stay, you don't need an ATV.

Because an ATV takes another 10-11 days for Germany. Any idea about UK ATV? Processing time?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
What about through London? I am a resident in Saudi. Someone who called the German Embassy to ask about this said, if it's less than 7 hours stay, you don't need an ATV.

Because an ATV takes another 10-11 days for Germany. Any idea about UK ATV? Processing time?
Are you sure about this 7 hours stay without transit visa? They didn't mention any such thing on website http://www.pakistan.diplo.de/Vertretung/pakistan/en/04__Visa__Passport__Legal/1__visa__shortterm/4__Transit__visa__Seite.html

Here it is mentioned that we would require the transit visa.

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
I have seen this too. If you click this for Canada. They say if you have valid Canadian visa, you don't need ATV. However, I will call the German embassy myself tomorrow and let's see. I see we need an ATV for UK as well. What is the normal route Pakistan's take to get to Canada?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
Please share the details then. It would help a lot of people.

For UK: go to this website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/do-you-need-a-visa/

It says: YES, you generally need a visa to transit the UK

Exception:

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system (Pakistan Included), you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

- you must arrive and depart by air; and
- your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
- you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries;

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Yes and I have heard Germany embassy takes 11 days to process ATV. I don't about UK though. Already the Canadian study visas, IF they arrive, they arrive just before the departure of the person lol.. So don't know! Plus why don't you also call the German embassy in Pakistan. So we have information from two different sources.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
http://www.canada.diplo.de/Vertretung/kanada/en/02/visa/airport__transit__visa.html#topic1
Well it says we can get included in this exception if we have the SP of Canada.

For Germany:
Quote: "Exceptions:

The following travellers do not require an airport transit visa (even if they are citizens of a country mentioned in the list above(Pakistan Included in this list)):

- holders of a valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- holders of a valid Canadian visa
- travellers who leave Canada after having used a Canadian visa and still have legal status in Canada (Your status in Canada is legal until the date stamped in your passport when you entered Canada. If you have a work/study permit your status is legal until the permit expires.)"

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
bazinga07 said:
Hi,

An Indian doesnt need it because I went to Canada via the same route, I am sure a pakistani dont need it either..

bazinga07

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
@Inam: But study permit is obtained at port of entry in Canada, I guess.

@Candyman: Yes, because even India is in that list which generally requires ATV. Were you travelling for the first time via this route?

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
bazinga07 said:
@ Inam: But study permit is obtained at port of entry in Canada, I guess.

@ Candyman: Yes, because even India is in that list which generally requires ATV. Were you travelling for the first time via this route?
Yes, SP is given at the POE. But we shall be included in the 2nd point ( holders of a valid Canadian visa). Because our S-1 (student) visa will be stamped in our passports.

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
i hope this will be the final unswer, i came last Wednesday to canada from Morocco via frankfurt, i did not provide any visa, as long as i have canada visa in my passport and i am not going to leave the aeroport,
So u dont need visa 1000000000%
bon voyage :)

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
and about transiting in London u dont need VIsa, again if u have any kind of canadian visa in ur passport.