+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

airbnb for long term renting

sammy_engineer

Aug 11, 2017
hi

Im staying in alberta for 2-3 months , i found really great deals on airbnb and prices that beats brokers and studios renting buildings , is is practical to rent using airbnb for long term ? Also later on wheni apply for citezenship would an airbnb email be enough to prove i lived in canada dueing that period ( in case the officer) required proof ? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no reason you can't use airbnb for longer term rentals.

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
hi

Im staying in alberta for 2-3 months , i found really great deals on airbnb and prices that beats brokers and studios renting buildings , is is practical to rent using airbnb for long term ? Also later on wheni apply for citezenship would an airbnb email be enough to prove i lived in canada dueing that period ( in case the officer) required proof ? Thanks
I believe there are disadvantages to that. How can you prove that you live there when there is no contract, no utility bills etc. Can you use the airbnb to receive mails from your bank? Or are you allowed to use it to register for services from the government (such as health insurance)?

Make sure you read the terms of your airbnb rental correctly. Also I would be surprised that you can't rent a similar place cheaper than airbnb. The only reason people put their houses on airbnb is, other than the flexibility to use the house for themselves when not rented out, the possibility to charge more per night/week/month than renting out.

amin23

Jan 16, 2018
First you should know that for a long term, if is expensive to rent an airbnb, also I am not sure if you can use airbnb as a broof knowing there is no contract and the studio or apartment is not under your name...

anujoshi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically you can stay in an Airbnb as long as you'd like, but I'm surprised in this case because mostly, I've found Airbnbs to be much more expensive in terms of long-term rentals. They are there for convenience and provided mostly for the vacationing market (as they are usually cheaper than hotels or better than hotels based on price point). But for a long term stay, it's usually more expensive than just getting a rental.

Also a valid point was brought up about making your Airbnb your permanent place of residence. As far as I know, they are classified as short-term stays or vacation stays, so I don't imagine you can put that address as your permanent address on a bank statement or credit card account or anything. If you plan to do that, you should probably have a talk with your Airbnb host (whose home you are basically listing as your permanent residence on your official documents). I'm sure you need to at least get permission. Even if you have their permission, I'm not sure if it's allowed or not.

Maybe ask someone who assists with PR and citizenship queries. Good luck!