+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP UNDER LMIA-exempt

Jun 19, 2018
hi guys ,
can someone advice me if i need to do pre departure orientation seminar in the Philippines even if i am under aipp - lmia. exempt ? what documents will i need to. secure?

Full_of_positivity

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hi just a question if you’ve got a LMIA-exempt under AIPP in NB do you still have to undergo POLO (Philippine Overseas Labour Office) and POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration? thing? Or it can be waived and just do the PDOS (predeparture orientation seminar) thank you.

Reactions: OCD_gymnest

Blackswan129

Sep 10, 2019
Hi. The letter I received from the Visa Application center does not have an Lmia exempt stamp. POEA needs the document with the LMIA EXEMPT stamp. Do I need to go to the Embassy of Canada to have it stamped? Is it by appointment only here in the Philippines? I'm planning to go there but I am not sure if it's by appointment.

Blackswan129

Sep 10, 2019
hi guys ,
can someone advice me if i need to do pre departure orientation seminar in the Philippines even if i am under aipp - lmia. exempt ? what documents will i need to. secure?
Hi! Did you secure an OEC even if you're lmia exempt? How did you pass the immigration? What docs did you present to them?

Blackswan129

Sep 10, 2019
Hi just a question if you’ve got a LMIA-exempt under AIPP in NB do you still have to undergo POLO (Philippine Overseas Labour Office) and POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Administration? thing? Or it can be waived and just do the PDOS (predeparture orientation seminar) thank you.
Did you secure an OEC? If not, how did you defend being lmia exempted?

Blackswan129

Sep 10, 2019
Oh sorry to hear that. But I have talked with someone with the same situation.
The immigration officer offhold her but she proves that her job offer is an LMIA Exempt and the officer allowed her to leave
May I know when that was? Because now they're very strict with AIPP. It's hit and miss at the immigration. It's very unfair.

kringpangan

Jun 21, 2019
Because to get an oec, poea wants a verified job order from POLO Canada and POLO Canada wants to process it through agency. If you’re a direct hire and LMIA Exempt, you don’t need an agency