+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIPP ECA help please?

Asi2021

Mar 27, 2021
I intend to apply for AIPP. I am a health professional and I got my ECA for my professional degree which will be used to get job offer. But, I also have master and PhD. As I don’t need my PhD for points, do I need ECA for my PhD too? Also, do I need to mention my masters and PhD in education history in the relevant form? If mentioned, will they ask ECA for PhD too?
appreciate your help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t know your NOC but assume you don’t need a license for your profession to get a job offer and that your potential employer is on the designated list. Since you are looking specifically at AIPP then assume you are working in the province now or know the job offer requirements. If you don’t need the points, then why not Express Entry?

Not sure why you aren’t getting ECA for PhD (more points for EE). You have to mention your Masters but can include your PhD under education without ECA since you aren’t counting points.

Asi2021

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you for your answer, really appreciate your response. Actually I have a lisence and for that I only need my professional degree. I did not get ECA for my masters and PhD because it is mention that AIPP is not a point based system. Now if I go again for ECA that means lot more time and expenditure. I am reluctant to mention masters and PhD in education history thinking that they may ask ECA for these. Would it be ok if I don’t mention PhD as I am not using it for points? I am confused about PR you apply for after getting work permit.... is this different from normal Express entry pool or same? Thanks for the help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So what is your ECA for? And you have a provincial license for your profession? If you have a Masters and PhD, I am trying to figure out why you are not going through Express Entry. It is faster unless you have a job offer that is permanent, full-time, guaranteed a year past receiving PR and with a designated employer.

Confused because what does work permit have to do with PR?

Asi2021

Mar 27, 2021
Hi
Sorry if I did not explain it well. You are right, I will apply for permanent job with designated employer. After endorsement, you need to apply for PR within 90 days. My question is that does PR application go through EE or separate? For that job I will only need my professional degree....so I will not be mentioning my PhD as I don’t need it for scoring and also I did not get ECA for it. Thank you so much for your time and help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
AIPP isn’t through Express Entry so follow the AIPP instructions. You can leave it out if you are confident of the job offer and nomination. Out of curiousity, what health organizations are “employer designated” as employers have to show they can’t hire Canadians or PR. Most are retail, restaurants, IT etc.

Last edited: