+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP today

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
HI

I had a ghost update today (or yesterday night) and my review of eligibility has started:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • March 9, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
I applied for SP and OWP for hubby. Before only his eligibility had started (it was on 08/07/20), now mine started too. I have requested the GCMS notes on 18/08 but haven't received yet. I applied in London UK on 13/02/20.

What do you guys think, is it close to have an answer from IRCC?

Thanks

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Just received a letter on my GC profile:

While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester. You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing. Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions. Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application. While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online. If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information. Thank you, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Isha12

Feb 28, 2020

While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester. You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing. Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions. Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application. While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online. If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information. Thank you, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
when did you apply?
sds or non sds?

adiigandhi

Sep 1, 2020

What is the date on letter? Where are you from?