+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP RECEIVED, DO THEY STILL CHECK FOR GENUINENESS OF THE MARRIAGE???

Reza flame

May 27, 2013
HI guys,

I received my AIP, last year, had some issues with providing the CIC with a copy of my passport, first I thought I couldn't but long story short I sent them the copy of my passport and everything else they asked for 4 months ago, and now got a letter saying my file has been transferred to the ETOBICOKE office, and I may be called for an interview or to seek further information or clarification, after the processing is completed they will notify me of their decision by mail.

what kindda interview are they talking about????
do I need to worry???
I have already gotten my AIP, is there a chance that in the possible interview they try to check the genuineness of the marriage??? or that stage has passed ????
or is this just a standard letter and I should be expecting a landing interview?????
mind you they asked for a medical and background check and I already sent them those as well!
any word would help I'm really frustrated .

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reza flame said:
I have already gotten my AIP, is there a chance that in the possible interview they try to check the genuineness of the marriage??? or that stage has passed ????
No - that stage hasn't passed yet. They are still checking for the genuiness of your marriage.

A transfer to the Etobicoke process usually means they have some concerns about the file (e.g. genuiness of marriage) and want to examine your application more closely.

M

mikeymyke

Yes they transfer only if the application has red flags or some other issue.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
As the others have said, could very well be genuineness that they are checking. But, on the bright side, you shouldn't be worried about proving that if you are actually in a genuine relationship ;)

Reza flame

May 27, 2013
oh yeah, my marriage is definitely genuine, i am not worried about that, it's just that the immigration Canada hasn't been nice to me within the past 6 years AT ALL! and I'm worried they find some sort of stupid excuse to delay the process, we applied in May.2011 and I'm still waiting. I have got my AIP and I have an open work permit , but I want my PR card so my wife and I can go on our honey moon , and yes as sad as it may be we have been married for two and half years but still haven't gone to honeymoon yet.
anyways long story short I did call CIC a couple of time and all the agents told me my file has been transferred to Etobicoke to verify the documents that I provided (which I assume they are referring to the copy of my Iranian passport and the police certificate from Iran) and every agent gives me a different timeline for the processing !!! the last one told me since the time the file is transferred to Etobicoke it takes 8 months so you should hear from them in April 2014!!!!!! is that true I mean it's just sooooo unfair! but again I'm so tire of this I don't even know what to do, i haven't been able to see my family back home in 7 years my parents couldn't even attend my wedding cause there was no way for me to send them an invitation and they need a visa to come to Canada, I want my mom to meet my wife and all that. but I really don't know what to do????!! except for waiting!
has anyone ever been in this situation ?????? any insight on the processing???
my file has been transferred to verify the documents I provided how long should that take? and what's next ???
I appreciate any comments , thanks guys

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not an expert and I haven't read any if your other posts , but I must say reading your comment about not being able to send your parents an invitation and they need a visa, really made me wonder what was up?? If you and I were in an interview and you phrased it that way it would definitely make me want an explanation. For what reason could you not send an invitation? Do you have evidence that your parents tried and visa was refused? I do not mean to kick you when you are down, just wanted to reflect back to you how it sounds to an observer. Hope everything works out soon.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I think he meant financial difficulties...he may have wanted to pay for them to come over. Many immigrants support their family and extended family. So inviting your parents would mean you pay for their application fees and flight. We all know applying for a visitor visa is an exercise in futile.

Pippin said:
I am not an expert and it haven't read any if your other posts , but I must say reading your comment about not being able to send your parents an invitation and they need a visa, really made me wonder what was up?? If you and I were in an interview and you phrased it that way it would definitely make me want an explanation. For what reason could you not send an invitation? Do you have evidence that your parents tried and visa was refused? I do not mean to kick you when you are down, just wanted to reflect back to you how it sounds to an observer. Hope everything works out soon.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Hay, Have you been called by CIC Etobicoke for interview yet? . I hope very soon they will call both of you. Please let us know how it goes so other can learn from you.

Thanks,

POLICAP

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you mentioned before that you can't get a passport from Iran because there is no consulate in canada. did you get a new passport now? if not, then i don't see how PR card will help you with travel as you can't travel with just a PR card.