+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP letter

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Good morning

So I received the AIP letter yesterday , but what shocked me is that it says the second stage process takes any where from 12-24 MONTHS
did any1 else have the same number of months on the letter or was it just ours that had this ridiculus number on it.

I have a couple of more questions:

Does the same officer that was working on the first stage work on the second or is it passed on to another officer?

Do I have to apply for an OWP before I apply for OHIP ?

Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Good morning

So I received the AIP letter yesterday , but what shocked me is that it says the second stage process takes any where from 12-24 MONTHS
did any1 else have the same number of months on the letter or was it just ours that had this ridiculus number on it.

I have a couple of more questions:

Does the same officer that was working on the first stage work on the second or is it passed on to another officer?

An application can be dealt with by multiple officers. I do not know how often this occurs.

Do I have to apply for an OWP before I apply for OHIP ?

Normally you have to be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to be eligible for OHIP.

Thanks
OHIP
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Yes , I aplied once I received AIP . its actually easier to make an appointment with service canada , so your not waiting for ages in a queue.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
(What immigration documents must I present to confirm my immigration status as an Applicant for Permanent Residence (previously called an Applicant for Landing) when applying for Ontario health insurance coverage?
Please note: As of April 1, 2009, changes to Regulation 552 of the Health Insurance Act became effective. As a result of these changes, Applicants for Permanent Residence are no longer required to provide confirmation from CIC that they have passed their immigration medical in order to be eligible for OHIP.

If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :

CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the “Remarks Section” that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence; or
A Work Permit case type 27, which are issued solely to individuals who have applied for permanent residence within Canada).

I found this on the link you gave me which confirms that Im eligible for OHIP.

Thanks

Material

Feb 16, 2011
My wife was able to apply for OHIP she went in 2day and got it over with she was accepted but she has to wait three months untill she recieves it.

Does every 1 get the same number of months for 2nd stage processing in their AIP letter ? (12-24 months) or was it only me that got this number.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
2nd stage varies from each persons case, as each person is different .

Mine took extra long as had more to my life than someone who had just worked in one place for a number of years.

Just be patient and try not to get to anxious.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
2nd stage varies from each persons case, as each person is different .

Mine took extra long as had more to my life than someone who had just worked in one place for a number of years.

Just be patient and try not to get to anxious.
Im familier with your case ...I know that your still waiting for second stage approval even though u applied before me.The thing is my case is kind of similiar to yours in waiting time except that mine took a year and a half to get AIP I sure hope it doesnt take 2 years to get to the end.

Did your AIP letter say 12-24 months?

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I applied in November 08 , CIC didnt start processsing until January 09, August 09 I had an interview and was given AIP shortly after through the mail, from then unti May 10 heard nothing except attending a CSIS interview, And from that date till Wednsday nothings changed except my ECAS status update , saying MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.

I hope to God your not waiting as long as I am , the stress it causes is unreal , since Ive lived here and waited and waited for CIC I have developed anxiety attacks, which I never suffered from before :(

I keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and will watch with anitcipation for you .

No my letter did not say 12-24 months, However, My IO at local office did say from CSIS interview it will take probably around 1 year for a decision. and it has taken 11 months so far so he wasnt far wrong.

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
With respect to the OHIP question,

I just brought the letter itself, Passport and proof of address. The service canada worker asked me about the PR if it was spousal etc and then issued me a health card for one year and said they would extend it once i became permanent.

As for the length of time it takes after that letter. My AIP was received in September 2010 and then i was informed the processing was completed in March 2011. The time from transferring the case to my local office, i received my landing interview within 2 weeks.

They say it takes that long but it does not. It just depends on the amount of security and background checks they have to do, for example if you were in the army etc takes longer. Or if you worked in a classified position and lastly depending what country you are from. I have friends from the middle east whom immigrated and was told the background checks lasted up to two years.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
I applied in November 08 , CIC didnt start processsing until January 09, August 09 I had an interview and was given AIP shortly after through the mail, from then unti May 10 heard nothing except attending a CSIS interview, And from that date till Wednsday nothings changed except my ECAS status update , saying MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED.

I hope to God your not waiting as long as I am , the stress it causes is unreal , since Ive lived here and waited and waited for CIC I have developed anxiety attacks, which I never suffered from before :(

I keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and will watch with anitcipation for you .

No my letter did not say 12-24 months, However, My IO at local office did say from CSIS interview it will take probably around 1 year for a decision. and it has taken 11 months so far so he wasnt far wrong.
Thank you..I hope that an end to your suffering is near it sure is really hard .....all the best with your app.
sasmak said:
With respect to the OHIP question,

I just brought the letter itself, Passport and proof of address. The service canada worker asked me about the PR if it was spousal etc and then issued me a health card for one year and said they would extend it once i became permanent.

As for the length of time it takes after that letter. My AIP was received in September 2010 and then i was informed the processing was completed in March 2011. The time from transferring the case to my local office, i received my landing interview within 2 weeks.

They say it takes that long but it does not. It just depends on the amount of security and background checks they have to do, for example if you were in the army etc takes longer. Or if you worked in a classified position and lastly depending what country you are from. I have friends from the middle east whom immigrated and was told the background checks lasted up to two years.
Thanks for the feedback ..My wife is originally from the middle east , she also has a french citezenship.

I sure hope that it doesnt take two years !

Did your AIP letter say 12-24 months for the second stage?

sasmak

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Hi Material,

My AIP letter did not mention any date on it, it just said that the office would be in touch shortly.

I was told by my lawyer that it could take up 6-12 wks for security checks etc.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Is there a fee for applying for a work permit ?
Where should I send the app for WP ? My app for PR is at the local office?

Thanks