+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP but eligibility review is still on. confused

Rubab68

Oct 19, 2019
i received my aip this morning but my eligibility review is still under review. "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirement". Same for the final decision, it is under process.

Also in my AIP there is no embassy address at the bottom. Just immigration, refugee and citizenship canada.

is it normal? or god forbids is it a glitch?...

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
It's normal. They don't update eligibility after AIP. Your docs are confirmed and you look eligible for the process. After stage 2, your eligibility will be checked once again (if anything changed or not) and final decision will be made.

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
i received my aip this morning but my eligibility review is still under review. "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirement". Same for the final decision, it is under process.

Also in my AIP there is no embassy address at the bottom. Just immigration, refugee and citizenship canada.

Can you share your timeline?

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
applied : 16 august
medical passed: 27 august
Eligibility review started: 31 august
aip: Today (10 September)
hurray this makes me excited . it means they are treating August files. i applied on the 17th August too , medicals passed on 28th August and eligibility review started on 4th September . mine was full application submitted . excitedly waiting for full approval

Rubab68

Oct 19, 2019
hurray this makes me excited . it means they are treating August files. i applied on the 17th August too , medicals passed on 28th August and eligibility review started on 4th September . mine was full application submitted . excitedly waiting for full approval
your timeline seems to quite aligned with mine... what is your country and your university of college please?..

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
If you check other threads in this forum you'll see that since the past 2-3 weeks July and August applicants are the only ones getting AIPs or any update at all on their files, while applicants like me who applied in June and even those who applied before me in Feb, March have no updates at all!

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
my application was full too but they only gave AIP. I think for now only AIP is being given for most cases. Hopefully after this fiasco passes, they will start giving full

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
It's normal. They don't update eligibility after AIP. Your docs are confirmed and you look eligible for the process. After stage 2, your eligibility will be checked once again (if anything changed or not) and final decision will be made.
your timeline seems to quite aligned with mine... what is your country and your university of college please?..
congratulations, what about your country ?

Panku Trehan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019

When did u apply??

Nikhil17

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
applied : 16 august
medical passed: 27 august
Eligibility review started: 31 august
aip: Today (10 September)
Was your file SDS or Non SDS? My AIP didn't have an embassy address either. Also did you get yours in the mail or in the GC key?

Last edited:

Faithyyyyy

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
If you check other threads in this forum you'll see that since the past 2-3 weeks July and August applicants are the only ones getting AIPs or any update at all on their files, while applicants like me who applied in June and even those who applied before me in Feb, March have no updates at all!
i am so sorry . please order for your gcms notes if you can

Rubab68

Oct 19, 2019
Was your file SDS or Non SDS? My AIP didn't have an embassy address either. Also did you get yours in the mail or in the GC key?
bangladesh does not have SDS so you may say non SDS. it was posted on my GCkey account. thanks