+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AIP and Review of eligibility

EddyCo

Jun 19, 2019
Hi,
I received 3 weeks ago an AIP (for the spouse) and SA but in the my CIC the section Review of eligibility is still : "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Did they finished to look at our Proof of relationship? or the AIP letter mean that from now they going to look at it?
Do i expecting to see changes in this section (Review of eligibility)?

btw this is regarding Inland common-law application.

Reactions: david_gat88

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
I received 3 weeks ago an AIP (for the spouse) and SA but in the my CIC the section Review of eligibility is still : "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

Did they finished to look at our Proof of relationship? or the AIP letter mean that from now they going to look at it?
Do i expecting to see changes in this section (Review of eligibility)?

btw this is regarding Inland common-law application.
Yes, AIP means that they've looked into your eligibility/"proof of relationship" and determined that you passed. Next you should expect your landing letter which will indicate the time and location of the interview where you will officially finalize your process as a PR. In terms of updates on gckey on eligibility, background check etc. they generally won't update anymore so it will continue to just stay at "reviewing your eligibility" even though it's already done.

EddyCo

Jun 19, 2019
Yes, AIP means that they've looked into your eligibility/"proof of relationship" and determined that you passed. Next you should expect your landing letter which will indicate the time and location of the interview where you will officially finalize your process as a PR. In terms of updates on gckey on eligibility, background check etc. they generally won't update anymore so it will continue to just stay at "reviewing your eligibility" even though it's already done.
Thank you for your reply, this is good news then !