+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP, to marry before pr application or after?

dhekky0108

Dec 25, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
cic - buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-5-2009
Nomination.....
25-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
04-09-2010
Passport Req..
31-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2011
hi. my I'ved been approved for nomination program here in alberta and have a 2 year boyfriend who is a foreign worker too. im already preparing my application for my pr.

we were kinda wondering if it would be faster if we get married first before my pr application or it would be easier if i wait for my pr approval and get married. if this is the case then can i get married right after my pr approval or i need to wait for several months to get married? would the immigration question me why i get married right after my pr approval?

thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhekky0108 said:
hi. my I'ved been approved for nomination program here in alberta and have a 2 year boyfriend who is a foreign worker too. im already preparing my application for my pr.

we were kinda wondering if it would be faster if we get married first before my pr application or it would be easier if i wait for my pr approval and get married. if this is the case then can i get married right after my pr approval or i need to wait for several months to get married? would the immigration question me why i get married right after my pr approval?

thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.
depends on how long your AINP is valid. you could get married soon and ask AINP to update the nomination to include your spouse before applying for CIC.

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get married after PR application. Get PR and land in Canada then get married then sponsor your Husband. Thats the fastest, I believe the nomination should include your husband before you need to apply for PR in cic.

F.Y.I. dont get married and not update your status before you land else you wont be able to sponsor your husband. I asked this thru email and the word they used was "you cant sponsor your husband FOREVER" in bold caps!

Good Luck!