+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS Tracking Applications sent in May 2009

mnsmov

May 4, 2009
Hi Guys,

I sent my application on May 18th and did not receive any e-mail from "Lisa Loewen" or anyone else.

Has this happened to anyone else? I just want to make sure its common/uncommon to not receive such e-mail.

THanks,

cj4ualways

May 26, 2009
One of my friends applied in Feb-2009 and still did not receive his file number. He called AINP and was told that they were giving priority to folks with Alberta offer letter. I am guessing this program is experiencing huge volumes and therefore AINP officials decided to approve only folks with a job. let us know your thoughts.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Thanks Johnradus, I am not sure what is their criterion for sending emails. I am not able to guess how should I take this as ; good thing or bad thing or does not matter.

johnradus said:
Mohan

I too got the mail from Lisa Loewen and from the email address "immigration.info @ gov.ab.ca". But it's only generic and nothing else

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Hi AT-80,

After being rejected in the CIC Skilled worker category, I am very skeptical about the whole process. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Mohan

at-80 said:
Mohan,

Mail came from "Lisa Loewen" and from the email address "immigration.info @ gov.ab.ca".

Its good to know that we will get something around mid-september (which is around 4 months). Lets wait and watch whether its 4 months or more.....

Thanks.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
All of us must have received that email from AINP by now ( as talked in other forums). I guess we might get file number somewhere within 12 months now instead of earlier mentioned 4 months. I guess AINP SRS just became a almost 2 years process now. And we have to maintain our H1B until we are nominated which can be another 12 + 4 months.

Best of luck to all of us.

(Please do validate if my understanding is correct above)

Thanks

alberta123

May 21, 2009
Below is text from mail that I received.

AINP Update: U.S. Visa Holder Category

If you are the recipient of this email, Alberta Employment and Immigration has received your application under the AINP U.S. Visa Holder Category.

What does this mean? We have your application and it is in the queue to be processed.

We have experienced a higher than expected volume of applications in the US Visa Holder Category. Because of this, priority will be given to applicants who have a valid job offer from an Alberta employer. All eligible applications will be processed, although processing times will vary significantly depending on the volume of applications received. In some cases, it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application.

Please do not contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service regarding your application status. This e-mail is confirmation that your application has been received and will be processed. You will be contacted if further information is required to complete the assessment and/or when a final decision has been made on your application.
If you have a job offer that you did not include with your application, please send a copy of your job offer and job description to immigration.info @ gov.ab.ca with a subject line of "US Visa Holder Category Job Offer". If you received your file number from the AINP make sure you include your file number in the email.
Proof of a job offer can be your contract or letter of employment from an Alberta employer for full-time employment within the province of Alberta. The job offer must be in a field related to your current occupation in the US. The document must be on the official letterhead of the Alberta employer you will be working for.

Alberta Employer must be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant, or place of business in Alberta.
If your profession is regulated contact the appropriate Alberta regulatory body to begin the process.
If you don't have a job offer, your application will remain in the queue to be processed. In some cases it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application. We encourage those who do not have a job offer to start exploring job opportunities within the Province of Alberta. Refer to the links below in your job search.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
It seems like it is going to take upto 12 months to get the nomination and then another 6-12 months further.

cj4ualways

May 26, 2009
Looks like it will be a while before anything happens. However, i keep seeing folks from April and March are getting file numbers. Dont know what is prompting the processing time of 1 year.

cj4ualways

May 26, 2009
the other question i wanted to ask is that if you and your spouse have master's degree and both have H-1b visas what are the other ways of immigrating to Canada?

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
cj4ualways said:
the other question i wanted to ask is that if you and your spouse have master's degree and both have H-1b visas what are the other ways of immigrating to Canada?
If your (or your spouse's) occupation is listed in the NOC list for FSW, you can apply for FSW (without job offer). Also, you can apply for other PNP but PNP (except AINP SRS H1-B) usually requires a job offer from Canadian companies.