+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP-SRS PGWP about leaving job

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Can anyone tell me if I need to continue my job after receiving my nomination for AINP -PGWP stream. Does CIC again check with the employer? I am planning to start my PhD.
Thanks

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
anttor said:
Can anyone tell me if I need to continue my job after receiving my nomination for AINP -PGWP stream. Does CIC again check with the employer? I am planning to start my PhD.
Thanks
As per my info, I think you are not bound to your job. You can switch or leave your job. CIC doesn't need any employer related documents.

Islanders

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
anttor said:
Thanks
Y dont u wait untill get ur PR to start ur PhD? So u will pay the tuition fee less than international student. Getting PNP does not mean u r resident, u r still foreigner.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
ayaz94 said:
As per my info, I think you are not bound to your job. You can switch or leave your job. CIC doesn't need any employer related documents.
But do i have to inform CIC about that?

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
ayaz94 said:
à

But the AINP has to be informed though and then there is a chance they will cancel the nomination as the job was one of the requirements of the nomination in the first place

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
anttor said:
Thanks
I don't know but I think if your nomination say " stream - worker without job offer " and " No - employment restrictions" you can change the job

YYW1101

Aug 15, 2016
Mo2016 said:
à

But the AINP has to be informed though and then there is a chance they will cancel the nomination as the job was one of the requirements of the nomination in the first place
But how about switching job? Do we have to update the province about switching employer? Some of my friends say just leave it, once i update the province they will definitely take more time to check the new employer and can cause problem.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
AINP website states this:
"Submit only information that is either requested by an AINP officer or that is relevant to your application. This includes, but is not limited to:

documents that show any changes to your address and telephone number
documents that show any changes to your employment or family situation
renewed work permits"

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
and this:
"If you change your address, email, phone number, employer, or family status while IRCC is processing your permanent residence application, you must tell the AINP. You must also tell IRCC. Once you submit your application to IRCC, they will send a letter with instructions on how to contact them with any changes."

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
anttor said:
and this:
"If you change your address, email, phone number, employer, or family status while IRCC is processing your permanent residence application, you must tell the AINP. You must also tell IRCC. Once you submit your application to IRCC, they will send a letter with instructions on how to contact them with any changes."
Yes I read these lines. I think we have to inform both IRCC and AINP for employment changes/ switching / job quiting/ family change. I haven't heard of anyone until yet mentioning that their AINP was withdrawn because they change their job etc.

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
anttor said:
Thanks
When the AINP officer called me, I talked a lot with her since my situation was complicated. I told her that I am a co-founder of a company and I am going to work for my company soon. She said if I do so, then I will be self employed, and I will be disqualified because Alberta does not have entrepreneur stream.
She said even if I get nomination and after that I work for my company, my PR application might get rejected because IRCC might check my employment status and if I am self employed this means that my status is not compatible with AINP conditions. This will result in revoking nomination and consequently rejection of PR application.

Hope this helps.

salmaniut

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
MH_A said:
When the AINP officer called me, I talked a lot with her since my situation was complicated. I told her that I am a co-founder of a company and I am going to work for my company soon. She said if I do so, then I will be self employed, and I will be disqualified because Alberta does not have entrepreneur stream.
She said even if I get nomination and after that I work for my company, my PR application might get rejected because IRCC might check my employment status and if I am self employed this means that my status is not compatible with AINP conditions. This will result in revoking nomination and consequently rejection of PR application.

Hope this helps.
In my opinion, this is possible rejection. As u r going to study permit from work permit. Your work permit has to valid till PR application processed as this is the requirement by AINP. There is no PhD stream for Alberta nominee.