+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

pb

Feb 21, 2009
Hi All -

I am planning to land in Alberta in next few weeks. I have read the forum for the very useful landing information most of the members have shared. I have a following doubt and I need to clarify the same to be better prepared with my answer. I will really appreciate if any of the members with landing experience can help clear the same.

In case, during the landing process, Canadian officer asks if I have filed for green card then what should be my response? Is it okay to have the US green card process active while landing in Canada? Should my response be yes or otherwise?

Again, I will really appreciate your response in helping me clarify the above doubt before I depart on my trip to complete the landing process.

Thanks!
PB

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pb said:
Hi All -

I am planning to land in Alberta in next few weeks. I have read the forum for the very useful landing information most of the members have shared. I have a following doubt and I need to clarify the same to be better prepared with my answer. I will really appreciate if any of the members with landing experience can help clear the same.

In case, during the landing process, Canadian officer asks if I have filed for green card then what should be my response? Is it okay to have the US green card process active while landing in Canada? Should my response be yes or otherwise?

Again, I will really appreciate your response in helping me clarify the above doubt before I depart on my trip to complete the landing process.

Thanks!
PB
The only reply that you should give is, the truth.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
pb said:
Hi All -

hi,

The US green card process is nothing to do with your canadian PR. As said by baloo, you should be truthfull to IO.

Thanks
Lee

Thanks!
PB

pb

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks Baloo and Lee. Yes I do not intend to misrepresent any fact. Just needed the second opinion on how to handle the question, if asked.

Thanks again!

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
If that question is raised, you have to make the officer believe you will settle in Alberta instead of the U.S. Be prepared, it could be a tough inspection.

pb said:
Thanks Baloo and Lee. Yes I do not intend to misrepresent any fact. Just needed the second opinion on how to handle the question, if asked.

Thanks again!

lovepool4u2001

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2009
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
Nomination.....
02-06-2010
AOR Received.
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
Hi All,

I am searching for a job since I got my PR in JUNE but still no luck and I have experienced that
preference is given to local candidates vs Out of canada candidate.
I am planning to quit my job here in USA and move to Calgary AB.
Can anybody advise me if this is a right decision. Will being there
will help getting a job.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

travelman

Mar 1, 2011
Thank you all for sharing important information on this website..I really appreciate that. I am going to Alberta for visa stamping in a couple of weeks. I have a job offer in Calgary (which worked out in last 3 weeks!). Is it possible to provide your friends address in Alberta for the PR card and apply for the travel document AS WELL for going in again BY CAR? The reason I am asking is that the processing time for PR card is longer than my time in USA. Would the CIC question if I apply for permanent resident abroad even though I have started processing my PR card? Your inputs are needed. Thanks a ton for all the help. The other question is CIC website says you will need the PR card when entering by plane, train, bus and boat. Is car included in that :)?

Peace to all!

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Congratulations and Good Luck.

Are you in IT..?

Thanks
Lee

travelman said:
Thank you all for sharing important information on this website..I really appreciate that. I am going to Alberta for visa stamping in a couple of weeks. I have a job offer in Calgary (which worked out in last 3 weeks!). Is it possible to provide your friends address in Alberta for the PR card and apply for the travel document AS WELL for going in again BY CAR? The reason I am asking is that the processing time for PR card is longer than my time in USA. Would the CIC question if I apply for permanent resident abroad even though I have started processing my PR card? Your inputs are needed. Thanks a ton for all the help. The other question is CIC website says you will need the PR card when entering by plane, train, bus and boat. Is car included in that :)?

Peace to all!

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Hi Guys.. anyone looking for a job in IT. I can only help if you are in Calgary/Edmonton. Send me a PM, will get back to you.

Kevin.

viper

Dec 11, 2009
Hi all!

Landed in Alberta through Sweetgrass/Coutts Port (from LA, CA) of Entry last Aug. 19, 2011:

Here's our experience so far (dates I can't remember, so no timeline, sorry)

Stopped at the toll gate, handed our passports to the officer, who told us to park and go inside the office.
Once inside, immigration officer asked for our COPR (she had our passports already). After about less than 30 minutes, she told us we're good to go.
We went to the vehicle importation area, gave the officer the title, registration, and invoice. She gave us the RIV form to pay online ($204), and we left.
Had lunch, went to a registry office in Lethbridge, got out SINs.

Too many to mention already but as of right now, here's what we have accomplished so far:
As for the vehicle importation, we just have to complete the provincial inspection, then bring it back to the registry.
Opened a bank account.
We got the temporary Alberta Health Cards once we were able to give proof of residency (Bank Account Details Printout)
Swapped my CA DL for an AB DL, my husband is still fixing his.
Registered our kids for school.
Waiting for our PR Card, AB DL, husband's AB ID Card, Health Cards.
Started looking for jobs last Aug 22, 2011, and I am going to start work on Monday, August 29, and my husband's orientation at work is on Tuesday, August 30.

We really are thankful for the blessings that we are receiving, and thank you very much for all the help we got here from this forum.

Flames

Feb 16, 2009
Hi Kevin

I sent you PM.

kevinctech said:
Hi Guys.. anyone looking for a job in IT. I can only help if you are in Calgary/Edmonton. Send me a PM, will get back to you.

Kevin.

travelman

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks...No, I am a mechanical engineer..do you have an answer to my question? or anyone? ur help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

lee26 said:
Congratulations and Good Luck.

Are you in IT..?

Thanks
Lee

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
If you reenter by private or rental car, you don't need travel document, passport with landing paper will work.

the

travelman said:

Peace to all!

pvra_prasad

Apr 8, 2011
Hi, In which field your are in? I am very happy that people are getting jobs that fast. I am also going to land this week end but worried about the job market there.

viper said:
Hi all!

Landed in Alberta through Sweetgrass/Coutts Port (from LA, CA) of Entry last Aug. 19, 2011:

Here's our experience so far (dates I can't remember, so no timeline, sorry)

Stopped at the toll gate, handed our passports to the officer, who told us to park and go inside the office.
Once inside, immigration officer asked for our COPR (she had our passports already). After about less than 30 minutes, she told us we're good to go.
We went to the vehicle importation area, gave the officer the title, registration, and invoice. She gave us the RIV form to pay online ($204), and we left.
Had lunch, went to a registry office in Lethbridge, got out SINs.

Too many to mention already but as of right now, here's what we have accomplished so far:
As for the vehicle importation, we just have to complete the provincial inspection, then bring it back to the registry.
Opened a bank account.
We got the temporary Alberta Health Cards once we were able to give proof of residency (Bank Account Details Printout)
Swapped my CA DL for an AB DL, my husband is still fixing his.
Registered our kids for school.
Waiting for our PR Card, AB DL, husband's AB ID Card, Health Cards.
Started looking for jobs last Aug 22, 2011, and I am going to start work on Monday, August 29, and my husband's orientation at work is on Tuesday, August 30.

We really are thankful for the blessings that we are receiving, and thank you very much for all the help we got here from this forum.

viper

Dec 11, 2009
Hi, I'm in the architecture field but with an engineering background. don't worry there are a lot of job openings.