+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if it is a reliable way to collect all the cards (such as SIN, PR card, etc.) by using UPS mailbox address?

I know UPS mailbox address is not P.O. box, which is just like a real street address, but shows PMB...

Please share your experience and idea.

Thanks.

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
I am postponing my landing for now, just because i cannot spend 30 some days for PR and rest.
Please let me know if you find some way.

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
what_a_joke said:
Hi All,

I am planning to complete the landing process as soon as possible for AINP.
I have a quick question

Based on the information I have read on the forum and on various websites, I do NOT have to apply for health card immediately upon landing. I could do that when i permanently move to Alberta and also open a bank account then.
So essentially all I need to do for landing is show up in Toronto for example and present the COPR and apply for SIN.
I am planning to return to US using AVR and then move to Alberta next year.

can someone please comment and confirm if this is correct?
the reason I am asking is that I am trying to avoid going to Alberta and complete the landing in Toronto if possible and in that case I will not apply or not be able to apply for Alberta health card from Toronto.

appreciate all the comments please
thanks,
Sandeep
I have the same question as Sandeep. It will cost me an arm and leg to fly to Alberta.Can I do the landing at the nearest entry point to where I live in USA. I would appreciate any help on this.

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
Me too, i am waiting on collecting details
*If i (AINP nominated PR) can land in Toronto and apply for SIN and PR with friends address
Some one who had landed please answer.

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
Well..

completed the landing in Calgary on Sunday, May 22nd.
customs did not accept the photos i took with me of the jewelry.

applied for SIN on Tuesday and returned on Thursday via Toronto. AVR in Toronto was smooth as baby's butt...no issues...the officer didn't even ask me the reason for my visit to Canada.

used my friend's address in Calgary for PR cards..

Sandeep

kanadatrustee

May 27, 2011
what_a_joke said:
Well..

applied for SIN on Tuesday and returned on Thursday via Toronto. AVR in Toronto was smooth as baby's butt...no issues...the officer didn't even ask me the reason for my visit to Canada.

Sandeep
Are you moving to Alberta now or later? If later did the Immigration officer did not say that you would have to apply for PR when you move permanently.

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
i'll be moving later and immigration officer did not ask me anything about my plans to move.
simply asked for address for PR cards.

Sandeep

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
what_a_joke said:
Well..

Sandeep
Sandeep, congrats to you.
Good you have a friend in calgary, but how do you plan to get the PR card to you here in USA? I mean do fedex accept it?
I am planning to do landing sooner this month, but i do not know any one in Alberta, can i use my friends address in Vancouver or Toronto? Help please.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
Canadian Vehicle Registration

After I landed as PR, I went to a registry(same one where I applied for health card) , changed my license to Canadian.You have to do federal and provincial inspection for your vehicle. I paid around ~ 200 through RIV website for federal inspection. They will send u forms to ur email/address, which has to be taken to an authorized mechanic for inspection. Also from the registry, I got another form (paid around ~ 80 for it) for provincial inspection. The mechanic @ Canadian tire charged around 1100 bucks which included tire change(all four were worn out), wheel alignment and provincial inspection fees(~ 230). After the inspection, the mechanic gave me a pale green form. I took this to the registry along with Canadian vehicle insurance (~1660 for two for a year) and paid another ~ 80 CAD for the license plate. They gave me the plate immediately. Also you will get a sticker from RIV through mail after the vehicle has passed the federal inspection.

can.ab.2011

Jun 4, 2011
Sinbad said:
Canadian Vehicle Registration

After I landed as PR, I went to a registry(same one where I applied for health card) , changed my license to Canadian.You have to do federal and provincial inspection for your vehicle. I paid around ~ 200 through RIV website for federal inspection. They will send u forms to ur email/address, which has to be taken to an authorized mechanic for inspection. Also from the registry, I got another form (paid around ~ 80 for it) for provincial inspection. The mechanic @ Canadian tire charged around 1100 bucks which included tire change(all four were worn out), wheel alignment and provincial inspection fees(~ 230). After the inspection, the mechanic gave me a pale green form. I took this to the registry along with Canadian vehicle insurance (~1660 for two for a year) and paid another ~ 80 CAD for the license plate. They gave me the plate immediately. Also you will get a sticker from RIV through mail after the vehicle has passed the federal inspection.

Were tires really so bad that you gotta replace those? or this also one of the gestures of Canadian government to boost Canadian economy by first inviting people to live then making something mandatory so that they keep spending money before even get into the apartment or house. So basically you had to invest almost 2000 dollars to get car in Alberta.

lifegiver1978

Apr 25, 2011
Hi
I'm Planning to travel to Calgary in Augest 2nd week by rental car from Sacramento, if anyone have any experience travelling by Car to Calgary from Sacramento, please let me know your experience.

I have couple of questions, if I rent a car here and drop off in Calgary will the rental companies Ok with that?
Also I need to look for a cheapest accomodation for 1 month, later once I get my PR card, I am planning on moving to some other place in Canada depending on getting a job.

Pl let me know if anyone knows a temp accomodation.

Thanks

qriousjunta

Mar 30, 2010
Hi lifegiver1978,

I am in San Francisco, i am yet to do my landing too.

Interesting how did you decide to drive all the way to Calgary from here and why not fly? I am sure it will be a memorable road trip.

Please contact : Giresh at 403-255-8582 [see member "calgary1 " in trackitt]
I came across his posting in another forum and looks like he does rent out rooms for short term.
Also try kijiji calgary, you will find more.

Good Luck to you and keep in touch. Would like to hear from you how things go.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
I just had one question for the senior members and members who have finished the landing. I am aware the health cards need not be applied right away but what about the SIN cards. The SIN offices only seem to operate M-F (04:30 PM) .I was planning on doing the landing over one of the weekends in july and might not be able to stay longer.

Is applying for the SIN cards part of the landing requirements as well or can these be applied later on.Also what are the implications other than not building credit history ?

1.Also I read on the service canada website that they do accept applications by post as well ( probably notarized copies of the COPR and landing stamps on the passport etc ) .Any experiences with this.

Thanks

Lights

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
lifegiver and qrious

I am planning to land in July from SFO as well,will be flying into Calgary International and will travel back with AVR.

Regards
Lights

C

cchabert

lightsinthemist said:
I just had one question for the senior members and members who have finished the landing. I am aware the health cards need not be applied right away but what about the SIN cards. The SIN offices only seem to operate M-F (04:30 PM) .I was planning on doing the landing over one of the weekends in july and might not be able to stay longer.

Is applying for the SIN cards part of the landing requirements as well or can these be applied later on.Also what are the implications other than not building credit history ?

1.Also I read on the service canada website that they do accept applications by post as well ( probably notarized copies of the COPR and landing stamps on the passport etc ) .Any experiences with this.

Thanks

Lights
No SIN no job, so if you don't planing to move here for good no use to have the SIN right away and put it on a desk drawer, the credit history is build by how do you manage your finances not by keeping a SIN number.

Peace!