+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

hr98115

Mar 1, 2013
Hello everyone
I finally got my visa and am planning to complete my landing formalities by driving from Seattle to Vancouver. I have a few questions ( I am on H1b with stamped visa expired but extensions filled duly . My H1 extension expires in June 2014) . Could someone be kind enoug to aswer a couple of questions

1. Is it advisable to take rental car or personal. Since I would be returning back in a few days would it be ill advised to tale my personal vehicle to avoid the export import questions ? I would personally prefer to take my own car to save cost of course

2. When we go through the border from US to Canada do we have to do something at the US side ? Do they detach the original white color i94 that was attached to our passports initially when we landed on H1 in 2010 ? If they do then would they still allow me to come back without that ? Should I mention to them that I will be coming back in a couple of days

3. I read someone's story that since he mentioned that he will be just staying for a few days and wont be here when the PR is mailed to the Candian address he has mentioned, they send him back by just attaching the signed COPR with his passport and did now allow him to complete the PR process and asked him to do that when he finally decides to move to Canada and just completed the landing part. What should I do to avoid such a situation ?

4. I will be showing my US Bank statements as funds . Of coure will carry a little cash in US4 and CAD. But do they accept the US Banks statements ?

5. On the way back to US, Do i have to do something at the Canadian side border security ?

SOme of these questions have been answered in this forum but am yet to get a complete and precise answers to all these queries. I will be really thankful if someone can answer them !!!
Thanking in advance !!!

Zare

Feb 7, 2014
Hi all,

May I ask the people that have recently got their passport request how long is the total processing time for AINP nowadays? I am planning to apply through international graduate stream with job offer soon!

Thanks

saju49

Jan 14, 2013
hr98115 said:
Hello everyone
I finally got my visa and am planning to complete my landing formalities by driving from Seattle to Vancouver. I have a few questions ( I am on H1b with stamped visa expired but extensions filled duly . My H1 extension expires in June 2014) . Could someone be kind enoug to aswer a couple of questions

1. Is it advisable to take rental car or personal. Since I would be returning back in a few days would it be ill advised to tale my personal vehicle to avoid the export import questions ? I would personally prefer to take my own car to save cost of course

2. When we go through the border from US to Canada do we have to do something at the US side ? Do they detach the original white color i94 that was attached to our passports initially when we landed on H1 in 2010 ? If they do then would they still allow me to come back without that ? Should I mention to them that I will be coming back in a couple of days

3. I read someone's story that since he mentioned that he will be just staying for a few days and wont be here when the PR is mailed to the Candian address he has mentioned, they send him back by just attaching the signed COPR with his passport and did now allow him to complete the PR process and asked him to do that when he finally decides to move to Canada and just completed the landing part. What should I do to avoid such a situation ?

4. I will be showing my US Bank statements as funds . Of coure will carry a little cash in US4 and CAD. But do they accept the US Banks statements ?

5. On the way back to US, Do i have to do something at the Canadian side border security ?

SOme of these questions have been answered in this forum but am yet to get a complete and precise answers to all these queries. I will be really thankful if someone can answer them !!!
Thanking in advance !!!
Thank you for your post as I am exactly in the same situation and have almost same questions. Except that my H1B is expiring and I am planing to fly off to India after staying for a week in Alberta. I am using my friend's address in Alberta and hope that he will be able to send it to me by mail to India. I have read many posts and am little skeptical as there seems to be a risk that if I tell them that I am planing to go to India soon and they may not send me my PR card. I do not want to be in that situation and is there any other way it could be handled.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

saju49

Jan 14, 2013
Hi Folks,
I finally received an email requesting my Passport for visa stamping. I am planing to flying from California to Alberta in sept. and that's when my current H1B expires. I am planing to complete my landing formalities and stay in Alberta for a week and then fly off to India for few months. I will be using my friends address in Alberta. I am going to ask my friend to mail out my PR card to me in India after he receives it in 3 months. However, i am not planing to tell them about my India travel on landing otherwise they may not send me my PR.

Does anyone have any experience to share about the situation like this. Is it possible for me to receive my PR in India (after my friend mails it out to me). I have also hear from someone that Canada scans every mail which is going out or coming in and they may not let the PR cards be mailed out of Canada.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
saju49

mini123

Oct 29, 2012
How long did you wait before ending out the "PN status update" form to AINP office?

I landed in January in Alberta and found a job and started living in Vancouver, BC. I am planning to fax my AINP "PN status update" form to the AINP office.

Will it be ill advised to mention the BC address vs my friend's home address in Alberta?

MoveToCanada2014

Jan 1, 2014
All,

Today, I have got my IELTS score.

Listening 5.5

Reading 5.5

Writing 6.5

Speaking 7

Overall 6.0

Am I eligible to apply for MPNP( under NOC 2174) ? Is this score sufficient to proceed? If not, under which NOC code I will be eligible?

vndo

Nov 10, 2013
Hello All,

I learned a lot from this forum and wanted to contribute my bit for the benefit of those who are planning to land shortly.

1) Mine is AINP case. Received COPR in Dec 2013 and visa was valid till Apr 26 2014 (one year from medical test).
2) I along with my family, spouse and 2 kids, decided to land from Lewiston-Queenston Bridge.
3) We flew in from Minneapolis 3 March 2014 to Buffalo International airport, NY (Code BUF). Stayed in hotel for the night. We rented a car at the airport.
5) I prepared my self based on Quorax's all famous landing guide ..thanks again Quorax.
4) Goods to follow, Goods accompanying, address in canada (rpovided alberta address)..those are the main things.
5) Around 9.30AM we started driving toward Lewiston-Queenston Bridge (1550 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON L9B 2C6, Canada). In 40 minutes we reached the place. The guard at the gate asked about our purpose, how long I have been in US, how many people etc. Keep your passports and COPR forms handy. He gave the yellow slip. Asked us to park and walk into the office nearby.
6)The officer called us after 15 Min wait time.
7) Took all the papers from me (I had two copies of all the documents. jewelery photos, car title etc., goods to follow and goods accompanying.
8) He worked at his end for about 40 minutes and called us to sign the COPR documents. Not a thing asked. Explained the requirement for 2 year out of 5 years stay in Canada for maintaining the residency.
9) He took us to the cashier. She gave us a print out of the transaction ( I have not looked at it closely) and we were done.
10) Drove to Hamilton, ON to apply for the SIN. Got there in 50 min. Had lunch in and went into the service center.
11) No pre filled forms are required. The lady asked us for few information, Mother's maiden name, father's name and our names (me and wife). Rest of the information is available for them online. Were done in one and half hour, including wait time.
12) Drove back from Lewiston-Queenston Bridge to USA. Wife's visa had expired. Used AVR rule for her return.
13) Got a call from the office at the bridge that the photos of three of us (mine, wife and a kid) are not meeting the spec.
14) He is sending some for to the Canada address. I need to wait to get that resolved now.
15) Must say the Canadian's were very courteous. Felt a sense of relief when I was driving in Canada after the landing.... a feeling that I can call this place my own..of course after the motherland.

Alamgeer

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th Nov 2012
Doc's Request.
24th Jun 2013
Nomination.....
5th Oct 2012
AOR Received.
9th Jan 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
28th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
17th August 2013
Passport Req..
10th February 2014
LANDED..........
28th May 2014
Hi Vinod
Glad to heard you have landed Canada greatly
We can feel a Big Relief for you
Very Very Congratulation to being a Canadian Permanent Resident :D

bunny_2089

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Hello all...
I am not p.r yet. Anybdy help me?
Just have 1 question like once you have ainp, how many months it takes by cic to process your fedral p.r??

vndo

Nov 10, 2013
After you send the application to CIC, approximately 2 months if all the documents are in order.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Hi Friends,

I would like to share my landing experience with you. We are a family of four (myself, my wife and two sons). We are under AINP-H1B visa holder category. We flew from USA to Calgary on March 10th. The very first flight itself got cancelled...however we were provided with the alternate flights. This was the only thing where we faced a little problems as we had to take care of two small kids while changing the gates at airport. Other than this our landing was extremely good.

We reached Calgary airport around 2:20 pm. Reached to the declaration area directly. We had to wait for a couple min as somebody was there in front of us. The officer asked how many days you are going to stay in Canada. I said, we are moving to Canada permanently as permanent residents. She said ok fine. Meanwhile I have given her all our passports and COPR documents and the declaration card which I had filled in the air
plane. She just took a couple min to check everything and gave me the passports, COPR docs and signed declaration card. Then she asked me to go the immigration department showing the directions. Then we went to the immigration department. There was one person in front of us and we waited for just a couple min. Then we were called by the immigration officer. We went to the counter and wished her and told her that we are moving to Canada permanently. Then I gave her all documents. She took a few min to enter all our information in to her computer. Then she said your Permanent Residence cards will be shipped to the address you provided in 4-6 weeks. Then she gave me the signed COPR docs and said these docs are very very important and have to keep them forever with us. Then she finally said, "WELCOME TO CANADA". That was the wonderful moment in our lives...felt soooo Happy. We thanked her and left from there. Then we have collected our bags from baggage area. After that we went to the customs area. I have filled the B4 form online and took prints each two copies including the photos of jewelry. The officer was happy to see all my documents were handy. He just did some paper work and given the signed papers back to me. It took about 45 min for everything to get done.

That was all, we just reached to the arrivals area. Just got relaxed for few min and had some food there. Then we went to the hotel where I already had a reservation. We had a 10 hours very good sleep...:)

Next day morning around 8:45 am we went to service Canada located in Marlboro mall to apply for our Social Insurance Numbers. The officer was very very friendly. I had already filled application forms online and handed those along with our passports and COPR docs. She was very pleased to have them ready. Then she took few min to enter everything in her computer and gave us the passports and COPR docs. Then she said it takes about 10-15 business days to receive the SIN cards. She also said to go to the nearest registry to apply for our health insurance cards. We went to the registry from there. There also the officer was very helpful. I have given her the application form which I had filled online already and printed. Then she did some paper work for both the health insurance cards and Alberta state ID cards. Then she took our signatures and fees. Then took our photos for the ID cards. After that I realized that why can't I exchange my USA drivers license. Then I asked the officer that, I have a valid USA drivers license and can I exchange it now? She said yes. It was double work for her as she has to cancel my state ID card request first and then process for my Alberta drivers license. But still she was very helpful. Then finally she gave us the temporary Alberta drivers license and state ID card for my wife. Then we left from there and reached hotel. Just got relaxed and took our flight to India.

So friends, just be patient and for sure your day will come. We were waiting for this day to come in our lives for the past 4.7 years. So, just keep faith in God.

Wish you all the very best. Please let me know if I can be of any help in any way. I will try to help you with pleasure.

Finally, I am extremely thankful to everybody who has given me valuable suggestions and supported me morally when my federal application came back to me two times. I can never forget that help throughout my life.

Thanks again to all.

Best Wishes,
Sarayu.

Reactions: QuinAby

anthcott@yahoo.com

Star Member
Jul 7, 2009
Hello All, My wife and I just got the permanent residency visa and COPR documents from CPC-Ottawa and they have given us the beginning of May as deadline to land in Canada. We plan to initially go to Canada and take care of the landing formalities and then later immigrate but still not decided when exactly. I have the following questions:

1. We are thinking for driving from USA to Alberta Canada in a rental car, any issue with that?
2. If I tell the officer that I am just here to take care of the immigration formalities looks like they will not send me the PR card even if I have a mailing address in Canada. Is that right?

bluesky19

Sep 11, 2013
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
Jan 03, 2013
AOR Received.
July 04, 2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
RPRF 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
16th Aug 2013
Med's Done....
20th Aug 2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07th march 2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th march 2014
LANDED..........
30 july 2014.. finally !!
Hi Guys,

I am a AINP H1B applicant. I finally got over the wait period & received my PPR. Have sent my passport for visa, currently am waiting for my CoPR/Landing papers. At this point of time I am having few questions to clarify.

1. Can I land at any point of entry?

2. Planning on completing the landing process and return back to US (via Windsor bridge ?) on my valid H1B visa. Is this allowed? Will this affect the reminder of the process in getting my PR cards?

3. Do I need to provide an Alberta residence address for CIC to send my PR cards to.

Can some of you share your knowledge on this, please.

Thanks

bluesky19

Sep 11, 2013
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
Jan 03, 2013
AOR Received.
July 04, 2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
RPRF 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
16th Aug 2013
Med's Done....
20th Aug 2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07th march 2014
VISA ISSUED...
27th march 2014
LANDED..........
30 july 2014.. finally !!
anthcott@yahoo.com said:
Hello All, My wife and I just got the permanent residency visa and COPR documents from CPC-Ottawa and they have given us the beginning of May as deadline to land in Canada. We plan to initially go to Canada and take care of the landing formalities and then later immigrate but still not decided when exactly. I have the following questions:

1. We are thinking for driving from USA to Alberta Canada in a rental car, any issue with that?
2. If I tell the officer that I am just here to take care of the immigration formalities looks like they will not send me the PR card even if I have a mailing address in Canada. Is that right?

1. I don't see any issue if u take a rental car and drive from US to Canada.
2.yes I too heard the same thing.. I do have few friends in Calgary and would like to give one of theirs address for my pr card.. but not sure
if its okay if we do that from the port of entry..if we are going to return back to US. I am too in the same dilemma and not sure what is the best option.. will update if I know something ..