+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: AINP - Recent AINP Landing experiences - Outside Alberta?

jdpkumar said:
Dear friends,
I have few questions regarding AINP candidate landing and communication address Outside Alberta.

I am planning for landing outside Alberta i.e buffalo new York - where my work place is 8 hours drive to buffalo - garden city NY)
I don't have Alberta communication address (if some one help me regarding this I am really grateful to you) and ... I have to complete my landing formalities before 20 th FEB 2012.

I have read mixed reviews about where one should do landings etc, so looking for some help and direction I am totally confused/diffused state...

Thanks in advance.

Kumar JDP
You can do landing at Peace Bridge, Lewinston Bridge without any issue. As far as Alberta address is concerened, I woould say receieve PR Card, SIN Card at Toronto address and search housing in Alberta.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: AINP - Recent AINP Landing experiences - Outside Alberta?

you can land any where in Canada with out issues. But make sure you tell them that you are landing not visiting. and dont cross the border late in the evening. Update Toronto address .don’t wait for an AB address. having the PR card solves lot of issues when you are moving to canada..sin is not needed now unless you want to work in canada. once you move you can apply for sin in one day.i dint get my pr card yet because i updated the address later. Customs officer was kind of shocked to know that they dont send PR cards to non Canadian addresses. :) .
happy landing..

jdpkumar said:
Dear friends,
I have few questions regarding AINP candidate landing and communication address Outside Alberta.

I am planning for landing outside Alberta i.e buffalo new York - where my work place is 8 hours drive to buffalo - garden city NY)
I don't have Alberta communication address (if some one help me regarding this I am really grateful to you) and ... I have to complete my landing formalities before 20 th FEB 2012.

I have read mixed reviews about where one should do landings etc, so looking for some help and direction I am totally confused/diffused state...

Thanks in advance.

Kumar JDP

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes. Here every province is like a diff country. Once you move you need to apply everything like health cards, bank accounts, phone no etc. here even private businesses work like they don’t have competition. That way i really appreciate how private businesses changed US services. Never realized that how every thing is time based in US and businesses always look for more customers be it a bank, store etc.

washington.state said:
It is bs but that's how scotia bank, RBC and TD Canada trust works. Banks operate in such a local way that RBC Calgary branch will have own account than RBC Toronto and these systems are also a reason to stay away from Canada. Just by sitting with Branch personnel, providing him your Card, Passport so this negro can enter your DOB and SIN in system should not be an appointment. IN US you can walk in any of BOA branch and get account opened.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi,

I send you PM.

Thanks
Lee

ksbs

Oct 1, 2011
Hi all,

Thanks for all information...also planning to land in end of this month..any last minute tips on landing or use of AVR??? please reply here.

Thnaks

KS

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Hello!

Is there any former H1B visa holder here who have moved to Canada and tried applying for a US tourist visa? Need some inputs...

Thanks!

BZ Mom

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
BZ Mom said:
Hello!

Is there any former H1B visa holder here who have moved to Canada and tried applying for a US tourist visa? Need some inputs...

Thanks!

BZ Mom
HIBZ MOM...ARE YOU FILIPINO? AM JUST LOOKING FOR NEW FRIENDS IN ALBERTA COZ BY END OF MAY I WILL BE DOING MY LANDING THERE ...THANKS

murali krishna

Jan 27, 2011
Hi,

Iam in Unique situation. I came back from canada after finishing landing formalities. I have yet to receive PR Cards.But I got an interview at Alberta. When I go through Forum I found that we can travel by Road using COPR. But CIC Website says we need travel document. Did any body gone through this situation.Please help. Please provide me with the concerned website links.

Thanks in Advance

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
tyler_sam said:
HIBZ MOM...ARE YOU FILIPINO? AM JUST LOOKING FOR NEW FRIENDS IN ALBERTA COZ BY END OF MAY I WILL BE DOING MY LANDING THERE ...THANKS
Yes, I am. I'm in Calgary. Where in Alberta are you planning to land?

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
BZ Mom said:
Yes, I am. I'm in Calgary. Where in Alberta are you planning to land?
Thank you for the reply. I am planning to finally settle in calagary sometime june of this year, but i will do my landing in toronto this april and I am needing help for an Alberta address to give for them to mail my pr ....can you help me with this? Am currently in the sates working, can i get your email or contact number? Salamat

Sri19

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Last week of Sep 2010
Nomination.....
May 2010
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Request
April 2011
Med's Done....
May 2011
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
When I was doing landing Immigration officer told me that we can use COPR if we go by road. its not a rule that we should use road but he told that the immigration officers at the border are familiar of COPR hence they allow us to use it, also the airlines does not allow us to fly with out a valid visa on passport that it is the reason we can not fly with COPR. He also mentioned that if we visit India before getting the PR cards and if we need to enter canada we should go by road from US. we can not directly fly from india due to the above said reason.

murali krishna said:
Hi,

Iam in Unique situation. I came back from canada after finishing landing formalities. I have yet to receive PR Cards.But I got an interview at Alberta. When I go through Forum I found that we can travel by Road using COPR. But CIC Website says we need travel document. Did any body gone through this situation.Please help. Please provide me with the concerned website links.

Thanks in Advance

murali krishna

Jan 27, 2011
Sri19 said:
When I was doing landing Immigration officer told me that we can use COPR if we go by road. its not a rule that we should use road but he told that the immigration officers at the border are familiar of COPR hence they allow us to use it, also the airlines does not allow us to fly with out a valid visa on passport that it is the reason we can not fly with COPR. He also mentioned that if we visit India before getting the PR cards and if we need to enter canada we should go by road from US. we can not directly fly from india due to the above said reason.
Thank you Sri

ainp.canada

Jan 4, 2012
Dear experts,

I heard from many people that you can land anywhere in Canada even though you are a provincial nominee. Can someone please confirm this? Also, I have applied for USA Green Card, not sure if it would raise any eyebrows from the Canadian immigration officers.

I am also planning to come back from Canada after landing the next day by using an AVR. Have any of you faced any problem from the US immigration officers since they will know that you have applied for USA Green Card and also are a permanent resident of Canada.

Thanks in advance for your time.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
ainp.canada said:
Dear experts,

I heard from many people that you can land anywhere in Canada even though you are a provincial nominee. Can someone please confirm this? Also, I have applied for USA Green Card, not sure if it would raise any eyebrows from the Canadian immigration officers.

I am also planning to come back from Canada after landing the next day by using an AVR. Have any of you faced any problem from the US immigration officers since they will know that you have applied for USA Green Card and also are a permanent resident of Canada.

Thanks in advance for your time.

IT WIL BE GREAT IF YOU CAN SHARE YOUR LANDING EXPERIENCE AND YOUR COMING BACK TO U.S USING AVR...IT WILL HELP US THOSE PLANNING FUTURE LANDING AND ALSO USE OF AVR. GOD BLESS YOU ON YOUR LANDING.

symmetry

Jan 25, 2010
To those who came back to USA after landing and left your friend's Alberta adress for PR card, how did you get your PR card from your friend? It's said PR card cannot be send out of Canada by mail. Is it true?