+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - SRS H1B Landing Experience and post landing related activities.

lifeonedge

May 19, 2015
AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
Doc's Request.
all provided
Nomination.....
29-04-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
IELTS Request
provided with application
Med's Request
23-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
In Canada since 2008
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hello Senior members, Dec 2014 and Post-Dec 2014 applicants

Since you are starting to get PPR and soon you will do your landing, I have a few questions to those who are planning to do it at the land border.

- My friend got PPR last week and when he called CIC, one of the agents told him that he would require a US visa in order to do landing at the Alberta-USA border. The another option (as per the Agent) was to request an appointment with the local citizenship office. He asked him to fill an application of request. The request mail will be received in 3 weeks and another 3-4 weeks to appointment after the mail. Have you heard the same from the agents at CIC ?

- Have you a called CIC and asked specifically, that you do not need a US visa in order to do your landing?

- Is it okay to go to a land border of different province than your nominating province ?

Thanks so much and best wishes.

jigyas

Oct 17, 2015
Manitoba PNP

Hi,
We received our medical instructions in Sept.
And CIC Status Showed that (your medical has been received) updated in sept.
How much time will it take to get visa request?
Is this delay due to syrians?

jigyas

Oct 17, 2015
Hi,
We received our medical instructions in Sept.
And CIC Status Showed that (your medical has been received) updated in sept.
How much time will it take to get visa request?
Is this delay due to syrians?

silkyshadow

Sep 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

I got COPR and PNP with Saskatchewan for myself and my family. I have a few questions that I need help with please.

We are planning short landing with my family (family of 4) sometime in April (our COPR expires in October) and will be taking long flights from Lagos.

We are yet to decide on the itinerary as I have a number of unanswered questions which I believe I can get help with here.

Flight to Regina from Lagos will require 2 connecting flights whichever route we take hence we plan for Lagos to Toronto (1 connecting flight). From Toronto we plan to stay for a couple of days with a family friend to rest (considering the stress on the 2 kids) before flying to Regina which is our province.

Luckily I have an old friend in Saskatchewan (Moose Jaw) and he is comfortable for me to use his address in Saskatchewan for correspondence

I also have a blood sister in a town in Ontario Province which is about 1hr flight from Toronto however we plan to visit her much later during our short trip.

My questions are below.

Will it be ok to use my sister's address(a different province) instead of my old friend's address at POE for our PR card?

Will it be a problem to state we will be staying over just for 2 days in Toronto before flying to Regina. (I plan to book our flight from Toronto to Regina ahead and also book hotel in Regina ). As the reason for travelling to Regina is for SIN and possibly Health card and open a bank account.

Since we will be flying in for short landing, will it have an effect on PR card processing if officer is aware we are just landing for short period (2 or 3 weeks).

We plan to spend the rest of our period with my sister in ontario before flying back from Toronto to Lagos.

I really want to avoid any immigration issues or mis-presentment or inadmissable issues.

Thanks all for anticipated replies.

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Hi
My spouse is computer engineer with 1.5 year foreign experience in “B” level category.
Right now she is working in “B” category in alberta.
She has 5 celpip score.
Anyone know that which province has PNP program for this special category?
I want PNP in just 2 months. Because my work permit expires in next 4 months. I already applied for AINP on 24th February but still I didn’t get file number. So, I don’t think that AINP would work for me.
Any suggestion please…

msalahkar

Feb 23, 2016
Dear All,

Need a sincere opinion.

1. With spouse as non-accompanying, my score is 471
2. With spouse as accompanying it reduces to 449 (there are chances that i receive PT nomination with 449, but currently they are on halt as well)

I have twin daughters who are just 1 year old. I am quite concerned about taking them with me at this stage since my wife wont be able to work and it would difficult to handle both alone in a new country. So I am thinking of applying PR for myself only, because it is giving me benefit in points as well. Later after reaching there, lets say after 6 months, apply for my spouse and children. Through online resources, it seems that Family sponsorship takes a very long process. How true is that? Is it practical to do what i m thinking of?

Secondly if family sponsorship takes long time (CIC website says 28 months), is there any other way through which my family stays with me while their PR is in process??

Thanks all

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
good everyone,

anyone who are Paper based Permanent Residence applicants thru AINP that are experiencing no maximum timeline on their application?
I received an email response from IRCC that my application has no Maximum timeline. I received this response after making a follow up on my PR application after the 15 month period timeline.

i hope someone would be able to help me out on what to do next.

thanks in advance.

Arbab

Aug 2, 2012
Hey Guyz,
Please help me out here.

I applied AINP under internaional graduate category in NOC 6211(Assistant Manager in best buy retail store). I received my AINP. I got promoted to NOC 0621(Manager) applied my federal and I received my federal file no. 5 months ago waiting for medical request now.

My question is Can I change my JOB to NOC 6421(Retail car sales) after the file no.?

Please advise.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

alberta0007

Oct 21, 2016
Hey Guys.

I received my AINP last week. My wife is in India right now. I want to apply for her OWP in next week. I have still not applied for my PR. I am working in IT in NOC 2282 (B) and still have 2.5 years of work permit left. So my questions are:

1) Should I mention in the cover letter from my wife that I am already nominated?
2) What documents I need to submit that are not in the checklist.
3) Last year my wife was refused for visitor visa, would it make any negative impact on her OWP file?

Waiting for someone who can really help me out.

habhuba

Oct 20, 2016
alberta0007 said:
Hey Guys.

I received my AINP last week. My wife is in India right now. I want to apply for her OWP in next week. I have still not applied for my PR. I am working in IT in NOC 2282 (B) and still have 2.5 years of work permit left. So my questions are:

1) Should I mention in the cover letter from my wife that I am already nominated?
2) What documents I need to submit that are not in the checklist.
3) Last year my wife was refused for visitor visa, would it make any negative impact on her OWP file?

Waiting for someone who can really help me out.

ver_vi

Aug 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am PR for last 1 year through AINP. I would like to know how soon can I change the province & work outside Alberta? Please suggest is it ok to go to another province and start working or it is a time frame that we cannot leave the province.???

iShine

Feb 10, 2017
Hi - this is my first time to be in a forum hoping to get support, tips and ideas regarding processes going to Canada. Alberta to be particular. Have my first question here, just want to ask how AINP works and who are eligible to apply? Thank you in advance!