+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP PR applicant waiting for Passport request_Question about getting married!

shya7494

Dec 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am an AINP PR applicant, submitted my medical exam last week Jan 10th 2018 and waiting for my passport request which usually takes about 2 months from others' timelines that I've noticed.

I currently reside and work in Alberta, Canada. While I'm waiting for my PR, I'm planning to get married during March first week in India. It is going to be a simple register marriage and not a grand traditional Indian wedding. Given that I don't receive my passport request before my wedding, is it advisable to add my then-husband to my PR application which is almost at the end stage? I hear from many that CIC does not approve Register marriages and that it needs proper proof with pictures from the traditional wedding. Is it true and what is advisable for me to do at this stage? Get my PR approved first and then add my husband later through Sponsorship program or just include now in the final stage of my PR process? Do I have to get married lavishly just for the sake of proving to CIC? Doesn't make any sense to me. :( Can someone help me, please?

BITTU5000

Jul 23, 2017
Hi
I also live in Alberta...we have same timeline I submitted my medical on 15 th jan 2018 so do u think its gonna take 2 months or 3 months?..

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
Hi everyone,

I am an AINP PR applicant, submitted my medical exam last week Jan 10th 2018 and waiting for my passport request which usually takes about 2 months from others' timelines that I've noticed.

I currently reside and work in Alberta, Canada. While I'm waiting for my PR, I'm planning to get married during March first week in India. It is going to be a simple register marriage and not a grand traditional Indian wedding. Given that I don't receive my passport request before my wedding, is it advisable to add my then-husband to my PR application which is almost at the end stage? I hear from many that CIC does not approve Register marriages and that it needs proper proof with pictures from the traditional wedding. Is it true and what is advisable for me to do at this stage? Get my PR approved first and then add my husband later through Sponsorship program or just include now in the final stage of my PR process? Do I have to get married lavishly just for the sake of proving to CIC? Doesn't make any sense to me. :( Can someone help me, please?
If you married now , immediately you have to inform to CIC. Then CIC will prolong your PR processing. Beacause they have to check whether you married genuinely, to do spouse BG check & Security screening.

I had seen some cases like you. In their cases Principal applicant PR processing postponed more than 6-7 months.

If you are okay with postponement, go ahead. Otherwise after getting your PR apply family sponsorship.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi everyone,

Is your application paper-based?

You have to inform CIC of the marriage, otherwise, you won’t be able to sponsor your spouse in the future.

I am PNP-EE Outland and added my spouse in 20-Dec, got PPR last week. See my posts about adding spouse and my timeline.

shya7494

Dec 17, 2017

You have to inform CIC of the marriage, otherwise, you won’t be able to sponsor your spouse in the future.

I am PNP-EE Outland and added my spouse in 20-Dec, got PPR last week. See my posts about adding spouse and my timeline.
Hi! Yes, my application is paper-based and it’s AINP inland.

Could you please share the link of your previous post regarding adding spouse? I’m unable to view your posts! Thanks!

shya7494

Dec 17, 2017
If you married now , immediately you have to inform to CIC. Then CIC will prolong your PR processing. Beacause they have to check whether you married genuinely, to do spouse BG check & Security screening.

I had seen some cases like you. In their cases Principal applicant PR processing postponed more than 6-7 months.

If you are okay with postponement, go ahead. Otherwise after getting your PR apply family sponsorship.
Okay, thank you for the info!

shya7494

Dec 17, 2017
Hi
I also live in Alberta...we have same timeline I submitted my medical on 15 th jan 2018 so do u think its gonna take 2 months or 3 months?..
Hi, I received my passport request on March 9th, 2018! So, I hope you will receive your PPR soon too! All the best!

Reactions: BITTU5000

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Sorry, I got a lot of posts about it. You can click the link just below my name.

Missin_U

Dec 20, 2016
Category........
AINP
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Hi, I received my passport request on March 9th, 2018! So, I hope you will receive your PPR soon too! All the best!
I'm also AINP inland applicant
Sept 20 2016 applicant
Aor Dec 22 2016
Additional doc request Feb 15 2017
MR requested Dec 18 2017
MR received by CIC Jan 3 2018
MR passed Jan 9 2018
BGIP Feb 27 2018
Awaiting PPR

Could you share your timeline please

Reactions: beehappy

beehappy

Aug 21, 2017
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Ainp inland applicant
Jan 15 2017 applicant
Aor may 15 2017
Rcmp with biodata request Oct 20 2017
Medical request feb 28 2018
Currently unemployed, in ip2 and waiting for ppr

Reactions: Aijuly

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Ainp inland applicant
Jan 15 2017 applicant
Aor may 15 2017
Rcmp with biodata request Oct 20 2017
Medical request feb 28 2018
Currently unemployed, in ip2 and waiting for ppr
Any news about your application ?
Did u update ainp that u r unemployed??

Reactions: beehappy

beehappy

Aug 21, 2017
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Nope i still dont contact ainp but i alredy apply for a bowp, i saw in other post that if you are unemployed and you have more than 4 months in your current work permit, some people apply and got.approve in the bowp, and i still waiting for ppr i hope i can get it before the bowp

Reactions: Aijuly

Aijuly

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
July 2016
AOR Received.
November
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
Oct 10
Med's Done....
Oct 11
Passport Req..
Not yet
Nope i still dont contact ainp but i alredy apply for a bowp, i saw in other post that if you are unemployed and you have more than 4 months in your current work permit, some people apply and got.approve in the bowp, and i still waiting for ppr i hope i can get it before the bowp
Did u start working somewhere else ?
Plz post when u get your permit
Hope u get pr before that.

Arora5530

May 7, 2018

Hi there, i will be very thankful if you provide me with some info.
My federal file was recevied on 17 nov 2016 after getting AINP. In nov 2017 all my friends got there medical requests but i never recieved mine. ( we applied at the same time frame ). I am still waiting for my medical. I got married and i added my wifes name in the file in november 2017 itself. It that the reason for the delay and usually how much time it takes because my boss is selling the business and i only have closed work permit. What are my options? thank you for your help.