+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP on process but still waiting for new LMO and work permit

ycam

Jun 21, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone!! Im macy and currently in Lake Louise, AB. I submitted my AINP application last Dec 2009, my employer sponsor me and i still havent got any news about it. I dont know how long will it take but my work permit already expired (JUNE 17, 2010) though my employer is realy willing to extend me and trying so hard to get an LMO for me. I already passed my application for work permit extension under implied status. Do you think it will affect my AINP application if i still dont have the new LMO and work permit? Please give me some advice and counselling on what step should i take next. and how long does i take to get new LMO? Thanks!!! ;)

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
HELLO YCAM,
Under what category did you applied for AINP? is that under SEMI-SKILLED? processing times is up to 11 months/

By the way when did you submitted your working permit extension to the CIC in Vegreville? you must be submitted the application at least 30 days before the expiration of your old permit to get an IMPLIED STATUS, But then you still need to get a new LMO to make a final decision on your request to extend your working permit. Please check this site cic.gc.ca

Make sure that your company has already submitted an application to the HRSDC Service Canada in securing a new LMO because the processing times is from 6 to 8 weeks. Important documents to be attached are: Advertisement of the said position, specified the latest salary and wages, experience qualification in the Newspaper (Clippings of the said ADS with the copy of the Receipt) and in the Job Bank (internet) for 14 days. please check this site: hrsdc.gc.ca

You can also check this site: www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/ainp.html and click the FAQ for candidates for the status of your application regarding the expired working permit while procesing the AINP.

ycam

Jun 21, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi smiling face!!! I apply under semi-skilled category. I only submit my application for the extension of my work permit a week before it expired. I did'nt know that it should be a month. I also submit a letter from HRSDC saying that we already applied for a new LMO and i have the file number of it. Our hotel did everything that you have said like the advertisement. I got denied for the first application of LMO but im hoping that I will get the next one. What do u think i should do now. Thanks for your reply.. It is a realy big help!! thank u so much!!!

Banffitti

Sep 27, 2010
Hello YCAM,

any news for you? Did you get the LMO the 2nd time??
I am in the same situation than you.

-Applied for AINP in April 2010
-Semi-skilled worker stream
-got AINP file number in July 2010

-1st LMO declined mid August 2010
-applied again for LMO and Work Permit at same time to get implied status. (3 days before Work Permit expiered)
-applications were sent beginning of Sep 2010 since then I am waiting.

Cheers,
Banffitti