Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
Any PPR here guys ? people waiting after DM >?

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Please advise.

I was in Canada but while waiting for Nomination, my WP expired because i could not get LMO and my Nomination was still in process.

I changed my status to Visitor and once i received the nomination, CIC advised to apply for WP from my home country. So, i flew back to India and applied for WP with nomination certificate but it got rejected.

So, here i am waiting for PR from India. april application , status is 'Medical results have been received'

My employer is really looking forward for me to join them back.
Considering average processing time of 6-7 months, i still have to wait for quite long.

Can you please advise if i can do anything else?
Also, shall i go ahead and pay RPRF without them asking for it?

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
ainp14Dec said:
Please advise.

I was in Canada but while waiting for Nomination, my WP expired because i could not get LMO and my Nomination was still in process.

I changed my status to Visitor and once i received the nomination, CIC advised to apply for WP from my home country. So, i flew back to India and applied for WP with nomination certificate but it got rejected.

So, here i am waiting for PR from India. april application , status is 'Medical results have been received'

My employer is really looking forward for me to join them back.
Considering average processing time of 6-7 months, i still have to wait for quite long.

Can you please advise if i can do anything else?
Also, shall i go ahead and pay RPRF without them asking for it?
What is your Visa office ? Ottawa or NDVO ?

MMG2014

May 26, 2014
akapoor said:

I got DM on May 23rd and still waiting for PPR. I am living in Calgary but I will be in Ontario and Quebec in next 2 weeks. Since I am expecting PPR email in this period, do you think it would be a good idea to have passports and in case of receiving PPR email, send them to immigration? If so, can you please let me know what should I prepare for myself and family in addition to passports (e.g photos requirements). Thanks for your help

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
MMG2014 said:
akapoor said:
[I got DM on May 23rd and still waiting for PPR. I am living in Calgary but I will be in Ontario and Quebec in next 2 weeks. Since I am expecting PPR email in this period, do you think it would be a good idea to have passports and in case of receiving PPR email, send them to immigration? If so, can you please let me know what should I prepare for myself and family in addition to passports (e.g photos requirements). Thanks for your help].
Yes, you can take passports with you & I'm pretty positive you'll see PPR email within 2 weeks. Also you & your family member will need 35x45 mm photos. 2 photos for each member. Hope that helps

MMG2014

May 26, 2014
akapoor said:
Yes, you can take passports with you & I'm pretty positive you'll see PPR email within 2 weeks. Also you & your family member will need 35x45 mm photos. 2 photos for each member. Hope that helps
Thanks Akapoor. As always helpful and accurate.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
vis1 said:
What the what indeed!

Recalling of the message means that they sent you an email, and then changed their mind. The problem is that it's email. They can't just pull it out of your box, so another this an attempt to do that. Did you receive a message from the with the subject "Decision made on April 18, 2014 (no email or letter received)"? Even if not, it could be just someone who pushed the wrong button. Nothing to worry about.
Yes I think they just don't know where it is and had to retract their "we have your file". However, I have my notes now and it clearly states that it was approved on April 15 and that CPCO (Ottawa) is printing the papers. So there you have it: PR is on the way but they just can't locate it. Sydney and Ottawa are just playing ping pong :)

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mozeage said:
Thanks for the feedback guys...chd2canada do you know what happened to that case eventually?
@mozeage, sorry for the late reply. In that case, he got PPR from Ottawa, so he wasn't asked to come to local immigration office. I was just mentioning that it is not unusual for local immigration office to be your secondary office. Best wishes!

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
akapoor said:
What is your Visa office ? Ottawa or NDVO ?
akapoor,
I sent my file to CIO, Sydney Nova scotia and i have received all correspondence from there only.
When i check the status in 'ECAS', i go to 'Permanent residence outside of Canada'

How can i check which Visa office will be processing my file?

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
ainp14Dec said:
akapoor,
I sent my file to CIO, Sydney Nova scotia and i have received all correspondence from there only.
When i check the status in 'ECAS', i go to 'Permanent residence outside of Canada'

How can i check which Visa office will be processing my file?
What Visa office did you mention on your file ? If you're outside Canada high chances are your visa office will be Delhi as Ottawa only process applications from within Canada & USA.
If you applied in April 2014 chances are you will receive you PR at the beginning of next year Jan or Feb. 2015. This is my assumption processing time could be more or less.

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
akapoor said:
What Visa office did you mention on your file ? If you're outside Canada high chances are your visa office will be Delhi as Ottawa only process applications from within Canada & USA.
If you applied in April 2014 chances are you will receive you PR at the beginning of next year Jan or Feb. 2015. This is my assumption processing time could be more or less.
Thanks akapoor :)
Can i pay RPRF without them asking for it if it can save me some time?

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
ainp14Dec said:
Thanks akapoor :)
Can i pay RPRF without them asking for it if it can save me some time?
No just wait for them to ask. As it won't effect your application process at all as long as you pay quickly when you receive it.

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
akapoor said:
No just wait for them to ask. As it won't effect your application process at all as long as you pay quickly when you receive it.
Great to get this info i was looking for quite some time :), apart from waiting it seems, there is nothing else which can be done at this time.
Thanks