30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
mozeage said:
I can't think of any other option because they don't make a decision before the interview.. It is really weird though. She mentioned that my file is here in Edmonton.
Sounds like you will land in Edmonton. That's very convenient!

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
bukyder said:
Hello!

I received an email from CIC-Ottawa today, asking for a scanned copy of my passport. And as far as I could remember, I submitted a photocopy of my passport when I submitted my PR application to CIO-Sydney. Please see below copy of the said email.
Does this mean am I close to getting "passport request"? I checked my ecas,however, it still says "medical results received". Appreciate all your comments! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

Case Status:

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
Passport/Travel Document: Please provide our office with a scanned photocopy of your passport with a minimum validity of six months.
· t This must be received at this office by: 2014/08/23
·

With the exception of Police Certificates, please submit all other requested documents as scanned attachments and send to the following e-mail address:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Please note:

All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

Important Passport Information:

Please DO NOT send passport(s) until you have received a formal request to do so.
Passport(s) must have a validity date of at least 6 months in order to issue a visa.
A copy or scanned image of the photo page of passport(s) and of any pages indicating a validity extension or change to personal information must be on file.

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

· Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
· Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
· Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
· Decision to withdraw your application.

Withdrawing your application:

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You will be refunded the RPRF if you have already paid it. In order for your application to be withdrawn, it is required that written confirmation be sent to the above address.

Need more information?

For more information concerning your Application status, you may refer to the CIC Help Centre online at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-can.asp

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O)- EG00203
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada

Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
E-mail I Courriel CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas

[/font][/font][/color]
Is your passport going to expire within the next 6 months ?

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
ivan124 said:
Is your passport going to expire within the next 6 months ?
Nope. It's going to expire in 2016. I was wondering too why they have requested this.

vis1

Jul 29, 2012
I'm now really tempted to talk to my MP office! It's great that they can provide updates with a quick turnaround. Congrats to all on the good news.

mozeage said:
I know Ivan, I am sure they are not lying. I know that this used to happen before where they transfer the file to the local office of your city and ask for a "Landing interview" where you go on the date specified and do the landing interview. I hope that's the case.
That's so convenient!

mozeage

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vis1 said:
I'm now really tempted to talk to my MP office! It's great that they can provide updates with a quick turnaround. Congrats to all on the good news.

That's so convenient!
I am worried now...I seriously can't interpret what the MP office told me.....it is just very upnormal

chd2canada

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just fyi: I have seen GCMS notes of a completed case. The primary office (till the end) was CIO-S and it had two secondary offices, "Vancouver Immigration" and CPC-Ottawa. So it seems the local immigration office is added as secondary office after decision is made.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
mozeage said:
I am worried now...I seriously can't interpret what the MP office told me.....it is just very upnormal
I would not worry mozeage. If something was wrong you would have gotten a rejection email even before decision made. I have been rejected twice in the past under other streams and every time I got a rejection email way before "decision made". You are good to go.

mozeage

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chd2canada said:
Just fyi: I have seen GCMS notes of a completed case. The primary office (till the end) was CIO-S and it had two secondary offices, "Vancouver Immigration" and CPC-Ottawa. So it seems the local immigration office is added as secondary office after decision is made.
Thanks for the feedback guys...chd2canada do you know what happened to that case eventually?

mozeage

Star Member
Mar 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utopie said:
I would not worry mozeage. If something was wrong you would have gotten a rejection email even before decision made. I have been rejected twice in the past under other streams and every time I got a rejection email way before "decision made". You are good to go.
Thanks utopie....This time it is going to work for you..

MMG2014

May 26, 2014
Dear all,
I got DM on May 23rd and still waiting for PPR. I sent a follow up email 3 weeks ago and didn't receive any reply. Can you please tell me what is the right email address (just to make sure i didn't use wrong address) and if you have any other suggestions? How is the risk of rejection which is my concern now?

Thanks

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
MMG2014 said:
Dear all,
I got DM on May 23rd and still waiting for PPR. I sent a follow up email 3 weeks ago and didn't receive any reply. Can you please tell me what is the right email address (just to make sure i didn't use wrong address) and if you have any other suggestions? How is the risk of rejection which is my concern now?

Thanks
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca that's the email. & very less chances of rejection after they request RPRF unless until you've criminal record or major health problem. SO you don't have to worry if you don't have trouble with your medical & has clean record.

angel0912

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
Doc's Request.
08-08-2013
Nomination.....
05-09-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2014
MMG2014 said:
Dear all,

Thanks
Don't worry too much a lot of us who got DM earlier than you are still waiting for PPR. Most of us are approved but are still waiting. Usually it takes CIC a month to reply to inquiry.

MMG2014

May 26, 2014
angel0912 said:
Don't worry too much a lot of us who got DM earlier than you are still waiting for PPR. Most of us are approved but are still waiting. Usually it takes CIC a month to reply to inquiry.
Thanks angel