+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP nominated: paper application or express entry for PR?

Nov 7, 2015
Hey guys,

Hoping you can shed a little light on a quick question I have! I was lucky enough to receive my nomination from AINP. However, the nomination states that it cannot be used to apply for PR through express entry but only by paper application.

Given that the processing time is 16 months by paper and only 6 months by EE, is it possible to apply though EE despite the stipulation? Can I apply by paper and EE at the same time? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks!

canadian_monk

Mar 11, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Inland
Med's Request
[upfront] 03/04/2017
Med's Done....
12/05/2017
Interview........
---
Passport Req..
---
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2018
Hi. From what I understand, you can do both BUT, you can only used the AINP for the paper based application. You can also submit your EE application, but since the AINP is not Express Entry based yet, you cannot use the AINP in the Express Entry profile (so forget about getting 600 points for the provincial nomination). In fact, this is exactly what I am doing, applying to both but putting all my hopes in the paper based one, given the meagre EE score I have.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RedTapeHoudini said:
Hey guys,

Hoping you can shed a little light on a quick question I have! I was lucky enough to receive my nomination from AINP. However, the nomination states that it cannot be used to apply for PR through express entry but only by paper application.

Given that the processing time is 16 months by paper and only 6 months by EE, is it possible to apply though EE despite the stipulation? Can I apply by paper and EE at the same time? Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks!
AINP nominees can only apply through paper-based route if using AINP nomination.

You can still create a separate Express Entry profile but cannot claim 600 points for provincial nomination.

I submitted 2 separate applications for Permanence Residence, one is paper-based using AINP nomination and the other one is through Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. They are not related and are processed separately.

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
hi ScarletSails

As you have applied both ways -I also wants to apply but I didn't get my file number for paper file through express entry.

Should we disclose in express entry app that we also have applied some other way?

if yes - what should I put into the file number area?

hasan629

Jul 2, 2013
ScarletSails said:
AINP nominees can only apply through paper-based route if using AINP nomination.

You can still create a separate Express Entry profile but cannot claim 600 points for provincial nomination.

I submitted 2 separate applications for Permanence Residence, one is paper-based using AINP nomination and the other one is through Express Entry under Canadian Experience Class. They are not related and are processed separately.
hi scarlet
can you please tell that i already applied for paper based PR application and i linked with my cic account as well. now i want to make EE profile as well but as soon as i linked my current paper based application, the option of express entry is gone now, i can not see any option for express entry.
So do i need to make new seperate GCKEY account for express entry?? is that ok to have two gckey accounts??one for EE and one for paper based??