+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP - NOC - Work reference letter query?

stramzik

Sep 21, 2021
Hello,

I am planning to apply for AINP. However I'm very confused on the NOC I have to use.

My current designation is " Business Intelligence Analyst" on paper (1.5 years experience) and My prior designation is "Performance and Capacity Analyst" (2.5years of experience). However my role is a combination of "Business Intelligence and Data Analyst".

When I search for a relevant NOC code under the "Business Intelligence Analyst" on noc.esdc.gc.ca website I get my NOC code as "4162 – Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts" The problem is, the duties mentioned are mainly related to "Economic analysis" where as my role is 50% similar however its not in economic field but rather in IT and the other 50% of duties I perform as related to Data Analysis.

Now with that being said NOC 4162 is not particularly in demand in Alberta. Where as "NOC 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators" is in demand. Since my role is a combination of these both I am not really certain if my application would get rejected if I apply under NOC 2172 instead of 4162. Since both the companies I work at are MNC's they are not ready to give me the Data Analyst Title on my reference letter however the duties mentioned are a combination of both.

Please advise what needs to be done.
If My designation on paper is Business Intelligence Analyst from current company and Performance and Capacity Analyst from previous company, can I still apply under NOC 2172 as half of my role falls under NOC 2172 and the rest under NOC 4162. Where as the title does not come under the 2172 list of titles at all.

My Role duties are as below
1. Building PowerBI Reports to visualize insights on the data.
2. Extract Transform Load and Automate the process with the help of Python programming language.
3. Analyze data and provide analysis on the data requested.
4. Use SQL to retrieve data from databases and use the data for analysis and provide the same insights to the stakeholders or business users.
5. Experience in working on Azure Cloud tools.

Thank you in Advance.

misssree

Sep 28, 2021
Hi, Did you get any response ? What NOC code you have used and can you please help me with the roles and responsibilities ?

RobynCarpenter

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
05-Apr-2022
AOR Received.
05-May-2022
Passport Req..
13-09-2022
Not sure if you've worked this out yet and submitted your application yet, but the description of your role/duties also overlaps somewhat with NOC 1254. Have you checked that out? I'm not an expert of course, but my understanding is that NOC's are less about the job title, but the stuff you do every day, and 1254 has some of what you mentioned.