+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Employer Driven Stream - January 2014

MAYOAKO

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
anyone here submit their application from the month of January 2014??
under Employer Driven Stream

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAYOAKO said:
I did, WP expired, waiting for extension and nomination....

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
Applied on 31st Jan.
File No Received 24th March..
Work permit expiring in October :(..

I would like to know what options do we have once the work permit expires.

MAYOAKO

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Maxwell 12345 said:
Applied on 31st Jan.
File No Received 24th March..
Work permit expiring in October :(..

I would like to know what options do we have once the work permit expires.
Same thing with me my WP will expire soon but have no idea if my employer will renew my papers
because of the situation right now.(new LMO policy)
Can we apply for open work permit? Or implied status?

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAYOAKO said:
Same thing with me my WP will expire soon but have no idea if my employer will renew my papers
because of the situation right now.(new LMO policy)
Can we apply for open work permit? Or implied status?
Open work permit is only an option if you received nomination, apply CIC and your WP is about to expired. Implied status is only if you applied for another WP and you're waiting for CIC approval. I'm under this one now.

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
duarca said:
Open work permit is only an option if you received nomination, apply CIC and your WP is about to expired. Implied status is only if you applied for another WP and you're waiting for CIC approval. I'm under this one now.
Hie,
On What basis have you applied for Work permit extension....?
Do you have a nomination letter from AINP already...?

duarca

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't have nomination and since they are still processing Nov 27th, it won't happen anytime soon

MAYOAKO

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
duarca said:
I don't have nomination and since they are still processing Nov 27th, it won't happen anytime soon
Most of the November applicants got their nominations already.
Hoping to get ours in 2-3 mos time.

vijo11

Jul 22, 2014
I am working in a Food industry as a Food service supervisor NOC 6311. I am worried about my wages. My pay is 13.25$ per hour but as per the wage standard in ALIS website it shows the median around $14.20. Does that much matter? Does it get rejected due to my a bit lower wage than the median??

Maxwell 12345

Jun 27, 2014
vijo11 said:
I am working in a Food industry as a Food service supervisor NOC 6311. I am worried about my wages. My pay is 13.25$ per hour but as per the wage standard in ALIS website it shows the median around $14.20. Does that much matter? Does it get rejected due to my a bit lower wage than the median??
Hie call Ainp on 1877-427-6419.
And ask them about your query they will be the Best people to contact for your query.

parashar30

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My file was received on Jan 20, 2014 & given file number on Mar 26, 2014.
My work permit is expiring on Aug 20, 2014. My employer LMO application got refused so have no option for extension.
I called AINP today and they said that they do not speed up application for expiring work permits as it is not the purpose of AINP to help in work permits.
They said they are going to give only 5500 certificates in 2014 and they had around 8500 applications pending till May 31st with them. They have already issued around 2700 certificates till that date.
They could only give me suggestions;
1) I should check if I can directly apply in any federal program with CIC.
2) I should arrange any open LMO with a new employer to extend work permit.

They never suggested to wait for AINP as rules may be changed anytime in future as well and there is no surety that AINP will be given.

Since new LMO rules have made the situation worst there are the least options left for extension. If we go for visitor visa we can't apply new work permit later in Canada. We will have to go and apply from home country.

Also if our work permit is expired and AINP find it that we are not working with that employer before approval of nomination AINP can cancel and return the application.

jan17th

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017 (ITA)
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
MAYOAKO said:
I applied on 7th Jan, they sent me an email for AOR on 17th Jan & the file no. came on 22nd March.

Work permit is going to expire on 24th Oct.
I have only 3 months & have no clue what to do :( :(

SRS - WEC

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parashar30 said:
Hi,
My file was received on Jan 20, 2014 & given file number on Mar 26, 2014.
My work permit is expiring on Aug 20, 2014. My employer LMO application got refused so have no option for extension.
I called AINP today and they said that they do not speed up application for expiring work permits as it is not the purpose of AINP to help in work permits.
They said they are going to give only 5500 certificates in 2014 and they had around 8500 applications pending till May 31st with them. They have already issued around 2700 certificates till that date.
They could only give me suggestions;
1) I should check if I can directly apply in any federal program with CIC.
2) I should arrange any open LMO with a new employer to extend work permit.

They never suggested to wait for AINP as rules may be changed anytime in future as well and there is no surety that AINP will be given.

Since new LMO rules have made the situation worst there are the least options left for extension. If we go for visitor visa we can't apply new work permit later in Canada. We will have to go and apply from home country.

Also if our work permit is expired and AINP find it that we are not working with that employer before approval of nomination AINP can cancel and return the application.

you and me are similar circumstance now.. my work permit has been expired on Jun and my company was applying for a lmo before Jun 20 but service Canada sent back our entire documents at the end of jun.. Finally my company resent all the documents to service Canada this month
I wont have any expectation to be approved a lmo by government.

I applied for Ainp under Srs work experience category back in Nov 26. I was unsure my category is not supported by my company also nomination is based on my work experience.

Shall I keep working with my company or quit my job??

my employer would not be able to get a lmo I'm willing to go to college.