+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP -APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AT ALBERTA OFFICE AFTER JAN 15***(OLD PROCESS)***

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
I havent visited this board in months. Just to add that I have not heard from AINP. No file number no response to my e-mail sent awhile ago. My case was under the old old rules and reached them on Febryary 9th. It seems its in the twilight zone now...

Anyways, I worked on the backup option and that worked so I am not stressed about AINP. The only thing I am wondering about is if I can continue the process even though I am not in US anymore. Does anyone have a clue?

I probably need to tell them that I have moved but how to get in touch with AINP when I dont have the file #?

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
felix31 said:
I havent visited this board in months. Just to add that I have not heard from AINP. No file number no response to my e-mail sent awhile ago. My case was under the old old rules and reached them on Febryary 9th. It seems its in the twilight zone now...

Anyways, I worked on the backup option and that worked so I am not stressed about AINP. The only thing I am wondering about is if I can continue the process even though I am not in US anymore. Does anyone have a clue?

I probably need to tell them that I have moved but how to get in touch with AINP when I dont have the file #?
good to know u have worked a backup...AINP is a joke now-a-days...

since u are in old process, u can continue from anywhere u want with no need of current H1B. Just inform AINP about ur movement and tell them the consulate where u want to process ur case - if not Buffalo. You should be fine as u are Pre feb 19th applicant...

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
OLD PROCESS / PRE- ASSESSED !!!

Nothing moving ??????

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Wondering where all the other old process applicants have gone.

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
My dear fellow old timers,

time flies on my end. I left US on the first day of my visa validity date (may 31st), and arrived to UK on June 1st. Going through UK immigration was unbeliavably easy. The lady scanned visa, stamped it with arrival date and welcomed me to UK. No questions asked! I thought I had to go to police to register but they informed me, it is not required in my case.

I booked a hotel one block from my employers office for 4 weeks (did not know how soon I would rent a house) and needless to say, the hotel was a rip off, something like 1400 GBP for 4 weeks, I did get half of it back sine I stayed there only 2 weeks.

The next day upon arrival I went to sign my contract and with the copy of it I went to Barcleys to open bank accounts. It should have been much more diificult, since I did not have residential address nor did I know anyone who could help with accomodations. It did help that I had a job and the branch manager opened bank accounts with companys buisiness adsress. She warned me that I would need to find residence within 30 days or they would close the account. Anyways, a week later I found an empty house close to the office and signed a one year lease. Went back to the bank and changed the address. Getting National Insurance number was also easer than other people's stories. I was prepared for a lot of hassle, but when I called the guy in Glasgow got it done the same day and I got the letter with the number within another week.

So, I was all settled within 3 weeks of arrival with all administrative little things. I am now waiting for all household goods and furniture that my wife will ship from US. She is finishing her Masters and will join me in December.
Bottomline, I had to cough up around 700 gbp for hotel and 2500 gbp for first month rent and deposit.
So, if anyone is coming to UK and does not know a soul, it can be quite expensive.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
felix,

thanks for updating us with your progress. you have managed to get a lot of stuff done in such a short time. cool!
good luck with your life in UK.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Felix

I hope u are feeling the freedom from hitech slavery visa h1B and feel independent to change employers, etc.. congrats

F

feras80

Hello guys
i got an email from AINP office says that it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application. Anyone else got this email?

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
feras80 said:
Hello guys
i got an email from AINP office says that it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application. Anyone else got this email?

Everybody received it. That's the reason the forum is so silent. people are angry or depressed. Nobody can believe that a government agency can be so unreliable.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Atleast they should take this program off from the website then.That won't fool people,preparing for application,sending it and then off course waiting for the decisions and replying back to queries is ****ing waste of time and money for candidates as well.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
They should atleast update the processing times on their website.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
It seems like this is news to me. I did not know that they changed their processing time from 4 months to 12 months. That is not good.

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
guys,

I also got the same AINP update, they acknowledge the application was received but no file number and I particulary loved the part where they say "dont contact us to inquire about your app unless you have Alberta employer job offer on hand..."