+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW process

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Just wanted to keep my papers ready. The main thing which takes hell of time is Police Clearance Certificate.
I was in Indonesia for 3.5 years so I think I need to get the PCC from Indonesia.
Unfortunately, I do not have a photocopy of the work permit of Indonesia (big mistake, I have not kept it with me). I do not know, whether my employer will support me and give me those details or not. Anyone can let me know, whether this PCC is mandatory or CIC can live without it and complete the CIC process.

Also, give some suggestions that how should I handle this case.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wasi2000 said:
Just wanted to keep my papers ready. The main thing which takes hell of time is Police Clearance Certificate.
I was in Indonesia for 3.5 years so I think I need to get the PCC from Indonesia.
Unfortunately, I do not have a photocopy of the work permit of Indonesia (big mistake, I have not kept it with me). I do not know, whether my employer will support me and give me those details or not. Anyone can let me know, whether this PCC is mandatory or CIC can live without it and complete the CIC process.

Also, give some suggestions that how should I handle this case.
I think you will need PCC from Indonesia since you have lived/worked there for more than 6 months.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
While finding other information about AINP 009 ...I found the following link...
Is it AINP 009?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

In this the last date to submit applications is 27th feb 09. Anybody ..know the last date for AINP 009 under new process???

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

oh !! I have just overlooked it.
Thanks,
black haired guy said:
It is Feb 27, 2008 and it is for FSW NOT AINP.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Re: AINP Application package(H1B Stream) sent after 01-01-2009 under the NEW pro

Got this info from some other website (//immigrationvoice.com)...if this is right then its quite risky....in this bad economy

Dear forum-buddies,

I filed for my AINP application (with Alberta) on Friday and was told that a small change was effected on Thursday (19 Feb 2009). The change is that, now, the applicant has to be on an H1-B not only while the application is being submitted but also when the application is due for finalization .

Now, my question is this:

I am getting married in September 2009 and since I applied in February (this month) I do not expect that my nomination will take longer than 6 months. Thus by August I should have my nomination and from there on the ball will be in CIC's court.

Now, given that I will be supplying CIC with my marriage certificate in September, will they consider my wife's application as that of a dependent or will they have the file sent back to Alberta seeking their counsel on whether I still qualify "with my wife". I ask this because the way the economy is the sooner I am free from the H1-B requirement the easier I can breathe. If the file goes back to Alberta and they want to check on my status I will have to be on an H1-B (by necessity) that much longer!

Anyone with any experience in this regard?

Thank you

black haired guy

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008

wasi2000 said:
Got this info from some other website (//immigrationvoice.com)...if this is right then its quite risky....in this bad economy

Dear forum-buddies,

I filed for my AINP application (with Alberta) on Friday and was told that a small change was effected on Thursday (19 Feb 2009). The change is that, now, the applicant has to be on an H1-B not only while the application is being submitted but also when the application is due for finalization .
Can you please quote your exact source or this will be just another rumor floating around.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18825&page=32
post from numerouno....

black haired guy said:
wasi2000 said:

Dear forum-buddies,

Can you please quote your exact source or this will be just another rumor floating around.

black haired guy

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008

ingegarcia said:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18825&page=32
post from numerouno....

black haired guy said:
wasi2000 said:

Dear forum-buddies,

Thanks ingegarcia, but it is not from a official source.

black haired guy

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008

I guess I spoke to soon LOL. It is official.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

"You must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application"

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010

Thanks black haired guy!!!
OMG!!! seems to be that the news are not good for new Applicants :(

black haired guy said:

"You must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H1-B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application"

akk

Sep 2, 2008

But it was always like this.....last year I thought was was gonna get lay off and I called Alberta if I could leave the country without nomination and they said I must apply to Buffalo for CIC, after the nomination, sooooo I had to be in US...

Akk

ingegarcia said:

black haired guy said:

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009

When we say "Decision" ..What exactly is the stage.
Is nomination a Decision?
or
When CIC send you the final invitation asking you to complete the PR formalities?

I am confused, I think, when you got the Nomination ...is the decision...and then they will ask you to send the other documents to CIC....here they complete other formalities like Medical and PCC. As far as H1B visa concerned ...they check this at the first stage. Just my thought. Not yet confirmed from Canada Immigration. But, in the current market scenario, it is very important to know.

akk said:
But it was always like this.....last year I thought was was gonna get lay off and I called Alberta if I could leave the country without nomination and they said I must apply to Buffalo for CIC, after the nomination, sooooo I had to be in US...

Akk

ingegarcia said:

black haired guy said:

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Do we need to send Detailed Mark Sheet also or just the degree or final diploma certificate?

email2kale said:
Well, I photocopied all the required documents, notarized them & sent.

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009

whether we need to send the Qualification Assesment information / document also at the first stage or not?

divagirl said:
mgypsy said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question since you already submitted your documents. In the instruction, it says

"A certified copy of your Degree, Diploma, Certificate or other documents regarding your education and training."

Did you submit certified copy of all your Certificates or only photocopy would be enough?

Advance thanks for any answers.
It says Certified copy -- so I did send certified / attested / notraized copy.