+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP application, From UK, already living in Alberta.....what will happen next

plawrie

Jan 22, 2014
Hi I have a few questions with regards to my Permanent Residence application.

I have lived and worked in Alberta for almost 4 years.
I am originally from Scotland. I applied and was approved for Provincial Nominee Programme and applied for PR using the High Skilled Route.
I submitted my application in Feb 2012 so hopefully not too much longer to wait.

my question is if and when my application is approved :

Do I have to send my passport away before I get my decision?

will I have to leave Canada and then re-enter to get Landed Status?

Do I have to attend an interview with an immigration officer?

What questions are asked in the interview?

Does my wife and 2 children have to be there for either of these processes. (they also live with me, we applied all together.

Sorry a lot of questions but I need to be prepared for travelling with my children.
TIA

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
What is your visa office? If it is UK, then u have to send your passports to London visa office.
Yes you need to go out and come back to Canada after u get your PR.

plawrie

Jan 22, 2014
ttrajan said:
What is your visa office? If it is UK, then u have to send your passports to London visa office.
Yes you need to go out and come back to Canada after u get your PR.
our application is being processed in Sydney, Nova Scotia

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Then u will send the passports to CPP Ottawa for PR Stamping.

plussa

May 1, 2013
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2003
Nomination.....
28-12-2012
AOR Received.
25-02-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-08-2013
Hi,
if you have British passport, you do NOT need to send in your passport. The CIC will ask for passport photocopies if you have not included them in your application.

You can land as immigrant at Alberta/Montana border, or you can make an appointment at your nearest CIC office to do the landing. Everyone has to do his/her own landing in person. It is probably easiest if you will go together.,if that is difficult to arrange, the principal applicant must land before others.

you say you sent in your application to CIC in Feb 2012? What does your eCas say now? It should not take this long. My family sent in app in Jan 2013, and got everything done in mid-Aug. And my family is also applying via the same route, skilled worker, ainp, already in Alberta, visa-exempt.

cheers.

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I sent my PR application under AINP category in Jan 2014. Im a British citizen working in Alberta.
My query is,

1. Do I need a RCMP police clearance certificate? I have already submitted my UK police clearance with my application to CIC.
2. Do I need to send my passport to Sydney, NS office for visa? (I was wondering if British passport holders are visa exempt then how would they get a PR stamp affixed on their passports? Do I have to travel out of the country and re-enter to get the my passport stamped?

Pls advice. Thanks in advance.

plawrie

Jan 22, 2014
Yes we had to have RCMP police checks based on fingerprints. I have just sent mine in to the cic office. hoping this is the last piece of information they need.
I'm not sure if we have to send our passports to Sydney NS yet.
From what I can see I think we get the option to either leave and re-enter or go for an interview to have PR validated.

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plawrie said:
Yes we had to have RCMP police checks based on fingerprints. I have just sent mine in to the cic office. hoping this is the last piece of information they need.
I'm not sure if we have to send our passports to Sydney NS yet.
From what I can see I think we get the option to either leave and re-enter or go for an interview to have PR validated.
ref RCMP checks based on fingerprints- Did the CIC- NS requested you via email to get the RCMP police checks done?
Just curious as it does not says anywhere in the initial checklist ref RCMP checks.

Plawrie, Pls could you share your timeline.

Thanks

plawrie

Jan 22, 2014
Yes we received an email from CIC to have our fingerprints done.
Our timeline seems a heck of a lot longer than most. I don't have exact dates on hand but here is a rough breakdown
our application was received in Feb/March
Medicals requested in May for myself, my husband and 2 kids
Medicals done in June.
My husband had to get extra lab work done so that took us to about July/Aug
Sept they requested that my husband send in RCMP fingerprints.
These were done incorrectly by RCMP so were sent back and had to be done again.
Around oct/nov the requested that he send in an updated IMM5669
Then in Jan they requested RCMP prints from me. I have just received them back from RCMP and sent them in to cic on thurs so they should arrive by the end of this week. I also sent in an updated IMM5669 for myself.
so back to the waiting game

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plawrie said:
Yes we received an email from CIC to have our fingerprints done.
Our timeline seems a heck of a lot longer than most. I don't have exact dates on hand but here is a rough breakdown
our application was received in Feb/March
Medicals requested in May for myself, my husband and 2 kids
Medicals done in June.
My husband had to get extra lab work done so that took us to about July/Aug
Sept they requested that my husband send in RCMP fingerprints.
These were done incorrectly by RCMP so were sent back and had to be done again.
Around oct/nov the requested that he send in an updated IMM5669
Then in Jan they requested RCMP prints from me. I have just received them back from RCMP and sent them in to cic on thurs so they should arrive by the end of this week. I also sent in an updated IMM5669 for myself.
so back to the waiting game
Thanks Plawrie,
seems like you guys have gone through a long waiting game already, looks like you guys are on the final stage. fingers crossed you should hear good news soon from cic.

plawrie

Jan 22, 2014
Slowly but surely a little more progress......
we were requested to pay RPRF, We paid it the same day. then on March 3 2014 our status changed to "In Process".
This waiting is unbearable. Alot of people that applied MONTHS after us and are now landed.

Bhim

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plawrie said:
Slowly but surely a little more progress......
we were requested to pay RPRF, We paid it the same day. then on March 3 2014 our status changed to "In Process".
This waiting is unbearable. Alot of people that applied MONTHS after us and are now landed.
I guess you guys are nearly there. I reckon its only a matter or few more weeks max, keep an eye on your ecas status.