+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AHCIP REIMBURSEMENT

gemini27

Jul 27, 2016
hi all. I am out of status when I got pregnant and waiting for Inland Sponsorship approval. So I am ineligible for AHCIP. Being told that we have to pay from our pocket, as of now, we only received the services rendered during my delivery. Few days after I gave birth,we received the Decision Made from IRCC for landing interview.
My question is do we still have to pay the bill we received?
if yes, is there any way we can reimburse the payment once I renew my Alberta Health?
and what about those checkups and ultrasound done? Do we still have to pay even I renew my Alberta Health?

We haven't received any bill as of the moment just the labor and delivery service .hoping someone can help and answer my question thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will need to pay for any health care services you received / used before you became a permanent resident. They won't be reimbursed.

gemini27

Jul 27, 2016
scylla said:
You will need to pay for any health care services you received / used before you became a permanent resident. They won't be reimbursed.
I found this to the ALberta Health website

Waiting for a new Canada entry document? You will have to pay for medical visits

If you visit a doctor’s office, medical clinic, medical laboratory, health care centre, hospital or other medical facility and do not have active AHCIP coverage, you will have to pay for any health services you receive. Depending on the facility you visit and the services you receive, you may be required to pay at the time of the visit or be issued a bill after receiving the service.

When you receive a new Canada entry document and forward it to Alberta Health, you may be entitled to a reimbursement for medical services you received while you were waiting for a new Canada entry document. If your new document has “restored” or “maintained” noted in the remarks area, your AHCIP coverage may be reinstated and backdated to the date your coverage was cancelled.

If you were eligible for AHCIP coverage on the date an insured service was received, you may be reimbursed for this service. To obtain reimbursement, please provide your personal health number to the location where you received the health service and ask the facility to submit a claim as “payment to patient

just want to confirm this..thanks..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
gemini27 said:
I found this to the ALberta Health website

Waiting for a new Canada entry document? You will have to pay for medical visits

If you visit a doctor’s office, medical clinic, medical laboratory, health care centre, hospital or other medical facility and do not have active AHCIP coverage, you will have to pay for any health services you receive. Depending on the facility you visit and the services you receive, you may be required to pay at the time of the visit or be issued a bill after receiving the service.

When you receive a new Canada entry document and forward it to Alberta Health, you may be entitled to a reimbursement for medical services you received while you were waiting for a new Canada entry document. If your new document has “restored” or “maintained” noted in the remarks area, your AHCIP coverage may be reinstated and backdated to the date your coverage was cancelled.

If you were eligible for AHCIP coverage on the date an insured service was received, you may be reimbursed for this service. To obtain reimbursement, please provide your personal health number to the location where you received the health service and ask the facility to submit a claim as “payment to patient

just want to confirm this..thanks..
This doesn't apply to you. This is for people who were residents and had access to AHCIP and were unable to renew their status because they were waiting for a new entry document for Canada. People are reimbursed for services if they were eligible for coverage on the day the service was received (i.e. they paid for something they shouldn't have paid for). You weren't eligible for coverage when you used these services. You were out of status in Canada. You didn't become eligible until you landed and became a PR.

pinkbug

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate 06-07-2016 PCC submitted: 02-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2015
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
gemini27 said:
hi all. I am out of status when I got pregnant and waiting for Inland Sponsorship approval. So I am ineligible for AHCIP. Being told that we have to pay from our pocket, as of now, we only received the services rendered during my delivery. Few days after I gave birth,we received the Decision Made from IRCC for landing interview.
My question is do we still have to pay the bill we received?
if yes, is there any way we can reimburse the payment once I renew my Alberta Health?
and what about those checkups and ultrasound done? Do we still have to pay even I renew my Alberta Health?

We haven't received any bill as of the moment just the labor and delivery service .hoping someone can help and answer my question thank you.

I've been in this kind of situation as well. Got pregnant while waiting for PR and Health card to be reinstated,it is frustrating and stressful and not good for the baby. But thank goodness there are some forum on the internet where you can find answers and help.I am a member of one forum on Facebook,and there are some members who have experienced like these. They advised me to write a letter to AHCIP minister to get help with the situation. And these members also told me, that they indeed got a reimbursement to Alberta Health on what they had paid when they visited the doctor's office. You just have to collect your receipts if you already paid them and fax or mail it to Alberta Health office. or if you haven't paid them yet,but received the bill,explain to them your situation send the copy of the bill and they will pay the services incurred once you regain your status.
I paid some visits to doctors office out front,when I wrote the letter to ALberta health, and send the reinstated health Card they reimbursed me those amount,even I used those services while out of status.
this is based on my experience, and you can call the ALberta Health hotline they are so helpful and will really explain to you what you need to do. Goodluck! :-*

gemini27

Jul 27, 2016
pinkbug said:
I've been in this kind of situation as well. Got pregnant while waiting for PR and Health card to be reinstated,it is frustrating and stressful and not good for the baby. But thank goodness there are some forum on the internet where you can find answers and help.I am a member of one forum on Facebook,and there are some members who have experienced like these. They advised me to write a letter to AHCIP minister to get help with the situation. And these members also told me, that they indeed got a reimbursement to Alberta Health on what they had paid when they visited the doctor's office. You just have to collect your receipts if you already paid them and fax or mail it to Alberta Health office. or if you haven't paid them yet,but received the bill,explain to them your situation send the copy of the bill and they will pay the services incurred once you regain your status.
I paid some visits to doctors office out front,when I wrote the letter to ALberta health, and send the reinstated health Card they reimbursed me those amount,even I used those services while out of status.
this is based on my experience, and you can call the ALberta Health hotline they are so helpful and will really explain to you what you need to do. Goodluck! :-*
Thank you for this advice Pinkbug.
As soon as I read your response I called Alberta Health,explained what happened, and the representative told me the same thing. I could send them the receipts of what I paid for or the bills I've received and I could be entitled for reimbursement. Since I already renewed my Health Care. It was a great relief. Charged to experience as well, that not everyone in the forum knows it all.
Thank you ;)