+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Agent refusing to share gckey and password

Prernarana

Aug 25, 2018
Hi all,

My agent is refusing to share gckey and password detail, although i have email id and password for account registered for correspondence .

Lame excuse was given that I might change the details in the form by mistake.

Is there anything suspicious and i should be worried about?
Is gckey required after landing in canada too?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi all,

My agent is refusing to share gckey and password detail, although i have email id and password for account registered for correspondence .

No consultant will ever provide you with the login/password ever... They however should provide your UCI# and Application#.

at best what you can do is to contact IRCC call center and speak to call center agent, and if you have crossed 2 months ore more order GCMS notes

Prernarana

Aug 25, 2018
No consultant will ever provide you with the login/password ever... They however should provide your UCI# and Application#.

at best what you can do is to contact IRCC call center and speak to call center agent, and if you have crossed 2 months ore more order GCMS notes
Thanks for your reply, whats the main concern in sharing the key and password?
Also, is gckey required after getting the PR? I mean i dont want to be dependent upon agent’s mercy after getting the PR.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thanks for your reply, whats the main concern in sharing the key and password?
Also, is gckey required after getting the PR? I mean i dont want to be dependent upon agent’s mercy after getting the PR.
I think the main concern is that your agent's login would have access to ALL applications they are working on. For privacy and for the reason they stated, they need to keep their login private. As mentioned above, GCKEY is not required.

truestar

Jan 21, 2018
Can I guess my GC key and password? My agent is not sharing my details and has threatened me that he can get my application rejected. I don't trust him. If I remove him as a representative, how would I get my profile login details?

Reactions: Vai2010

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Can I guess my GC key and password? My agent is not sharing my details and has threatened me that he can get my application rejected. I don't trust him. If I remove him as a representative, how would I get my profile login details?
I doubt you would be able to guess the PW. He is not obligated to give that info to you. You can remove him as your rep then you can create an account of your own to link it. If you choose to do that don't expect much help from that person in the future. If you don't trust him it might be the way to go.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi all,

I am going through the process with a consultant.
They did provide the username and password along with security questions to access my application. I can access them anytime I want and also verify the data they entered.
This though depends on the country your consultants work from.
Consultant cannot withheld this info, you have the right to ask for your application access. Once the application is filed, nobody can change it, even them.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022

Don't agree.
I have my application details including username and password to access them whenever I want

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi all,

Strange agent!
You should call IRCC and tell them the whole story.

* It is better to stay away from that agent

Do I need a representative to help me apply?
No. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use a representative or not.
All the forms and information that you need to apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), visa and/or to immigrate to Canada are available for free on this website. If you follow the instructions in the application guide, you can complete the application form and submit it on your own.

If you decide to use an immigration representative, be careful whom you ask for advice.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=444

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Remove your representative if you wish and then once that is processed you can create your own account and access.

But it's not odd that representative would not give you access. Only one account can have access and that agent's account could be linked to multiple applications.

You appointed a representative. That's what they do, represent you.

Fine if you don't trust them or want them, cancel the representation. But on this particular point, they're not necessarily wrong.

That said, there are no circumstances under which they should threaten to 'get you rejected.' If they're in Canada, report them.

(If outside Canada they're probably not registered and ... you hired an unlicensed rep.)

truestar

Jan 21, 2018
Thank you so much.

If I will make a new account, will my previous information and record sink into the new one?

truestar

Jan 21, 2018
I don't understand the question.
I have submitted my eAPR and now waiting for the final response. I want to know that if at this time I make a new account, will my previous information sink into the new account? How will that happen?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have submitted my eAPR and now waiting for the final response. I want to know that if at this time I make a new account, will my previous information sink into the new account? How will that happen?
I still don't understand.

You make an account for an indvidual (or a representative, etc). You link that individual account to an application.

The application information doesn't disappear - just now a different account is linked to it.

(As best I understand this but perhaps I've misunderstood)