+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age gape of 24

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think amoured got the main question here.
How much time have you two lived/spent together physically?

We have an age gap (not as big but also significant) and I am older than my husband. We did come from the same cultural background. Our applicant was very smooth back then.
BUT we dated in person and lived together before we got married and applied for sponosorship. So we had 7 years spent in the same city beofre the application.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
How much time have you physically spent together / resided together?
I have spent less time with her and visited me 2 times now
first visit was short and just a week because of there was a delay of her visa and the second time is 3 weeks with a a lot of trips.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
first visit was short and just a week because of there was a delay of her visa and the second time is 3 weeks with a a lot of trips.
Too little. Ircc will be very skeptical. I too underestimated Ircc and got denied.
To be successful in todays ircc climate, you need to have every single requirement covered.
For example you have photos, chats, videochats, letters, money wires and gifts, BUT you. do not have sufficient time spent together ( 4 weeks isnt enough time in ircc mind to qualify as a genuine marriage unless its a 1st marriage for both and arranged marriage according to the culture tradition) Ircc is within its power to drop u just based on this 1 issue, also tacking on the 25 yr age difference and they can make a case for refusal.
I suggest you spend more time. cohabitating and get documented proof of it. You basically need a bulletproof application since you already losing huge points on age diff.
I speak from personal experience my friend and If I will be reapplying, I wil? by following my own advice.

Reactions: MushroomBB

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If at all possible, visit each other one more time before submitting the application again. I agree that you've spent very little time together and this may lead to significantly longer processing time for your application. It will be safer if one of you does another trip to visit the other person first. Good luck.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
If at all possible, visit each other one more time before submitting the application again. I agree that you've spent very little time together and this may lead to significantly longer processing time for your application. It will be safer if one of you does another trip to visit the other person first. Good luck.
I concur...

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I'm not saying you cannot succeed with what you got, but, if. you can do 1 more visit of 3-4 weeks (or longer) then it will save you a lot of headaches in delays. We want our apps to be banged out approved in under 12 months.

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Was this am online relationship? Assume you got married on the second visit and that’s why there were some trips as a honeymoon. Did she find you online or did you find her online? Do you have children already? What country you are from will also be a factor. Unfortunately fraud is more prevalent in some countries and there is more suspicion. Are you employed? Do you have any property? Expect that your case will be heavily scrutinized. The more time together the better.

Reactions: Linux100

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
I applied in July 2020 but my application was return in Feb 2021 and am planning to apply again August and this time i have gathered enough evidence.
I have chats and Video calls everyday of my marriage,
I have emails, I have Gifts exchanges btw us, I have Prove of support such as funds, Letters from family and friends, I have Marriage and reception pictures, I have Trips pictures and receptions receipts, I have Social media Post document. I have a enough document for the process
why was it returned

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
Too little. Ircc will be very skeptical. I too underestimated Ircc and got denied.
To be successful in todays ircc climate, you need to have every single requirement covered.
For example you have photos, chats, videochats, letters, money wires and gifts, BUT you. do not have sufficient time spent together ( 4 weeks isnt enough time in ircc mind to qualify as a genuine marriage unless its a 1st marriage for both and arranged marriage according to the culture tradition) Ircc is within its power to drop u just based on this 1 issue, also tacking on the 25 yr age difference and they can make a case for refusal.
I suggest you spend more time. cohabitating and get documented proof of it. You basically need a bulletproof application since you already losing huge points on age diff.
I speak from personal experience my friend and If I will be reapplying, I wil? by following my own advice.
You spoke so well but not case all the same. I have someone with only 2 visits and there are no problems. First visit was for marriage and second visit was for anniversary and the Sponsor is older with some few age and the application was successful. Nobody is saying i should address every red flags on my love letter tp clarify them with it. My wife can't get more than 21days vacation from work because she work with the government and there is prove for that also.

In all i think addressing all red flags on a our love letter will be more better.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
Yeah we will Plan another vacation together again next year before interview so make so much proves of visit.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
Was this am online relationship? Assume you got married on the second visit and that’s why there were some trips as a honeymoon. Did she find you online or did you find her online? Do you have children already? What country you are from will also be a factor. Unfortunately fraud is more prevalent in some countries and there is more suspicion. Are you employed? Do you have any property? Expect that your case will be heavily scrutinized. The more time together the better.
My wife who added me online and also propose also. we got prove for that also. I'm from Africa and I know it will be very scrutinize. I will prepare my case stronger before interview also. I am not scared of interview at all because i know my wife very well just as i know my self also. I will prepare for everything and make more visit by next year also.