+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age gape of 24

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
Please House, is there anyone here who has age gap of 24 years with his wife. My wife is 53yrs and am 29yrs old. We met Dec 2018, and got married November 11th 2019.
We got all proves for IRCC but little scare if they gonna call us for interview. I'm preparing my application for sponsorship?

My marriage is real and i know everything about my wife but someone said sometimes even if you answer all interview questions, still they might reject you.

How true is that after answering all interview questions currently and still get refused?

Last edited:

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
If they call yp for interview and everything is real… then don’t worry.
it may take you a bit extra of effort… but that’s how it is
My marriage is real and i know everything about my wife but someone said sometimes even if you answer all interview questions, still they might reject you.

How true is that after answering all interview questions currently and still get refused?

Reactions: abp04

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Please House, is there anyone here who has age gap of 24 years with his wife. My wife is 53yrs and am 29yrs old. We met Dec 2018, and got married November 11th 2019.
We got all proves for IRCC but little scare if they gonna call us for interview. I'm preparing my application for sponsorship?
I really don't think the age is a factor for a final decision. It could be a factor to only doubt if there is not much evidence provided. But regardless of how little your evidence, an interview will be arranged to confirm genuineness.

I see yall been at it over 2years so I would only advice you gather as much evidence of your moments spent together such as bills, travels, events and especially family and friends who support your relationship. You should be fine since you haven't yet sent your file and preparing take time and gather as much evidence of your relationship and you would be surprise there won't even be an interview.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021

That's shdnt be a probs even if they refuse you and its not reasonable I think you can appeal or something. Not sure but there is a way to it if your refusal is not based on misrepresentation, criminality or health issues. You are married now and I don't think comments from anyone can end the marriage, you would still have to give it a try. You could apply yourself but if you not so confident you could involve an immigration lawyer to guide you. If not just do if the right way by getting all necessary info and you will be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Assume there will likely be an interview. How much time have you spent together in person? Have you lived together and for how long? The country of origin of the husband will also factor into the equation. Are there any other red flags like the husband attempting to visit or immigrate to other countries before marriage, different religions, big differences in finances, etc.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
My Wife is the sponsor.
90% chance of interview.
Chance of refusal if other red flags present Canuck has listed.
Assume ircc is going to take shots at you from every angle to try and get that refusal.
You got 2 red flags automatic already:
- big age diff
- wife is the older one and is the Sp.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
yes 24 age difference is a major red flag i believe especially since the marriage is less than 2 yrs old
be prepared to answer some questions

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You left out of this summary that you seem to have applied in June or July 2020. So really you were only married for six months or so when you applied.

I think you can assume the likelihood of an interview is high. You haven't provided much additional info eg how much time you have actually spent together/lived together - unless you have spent quite a lot of time living together, before and after your application, IRCC will likely be quite skeptical.

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020
You left out of this summary that you seem to have applied in June or July 2020. So really you were only married for six months or so when you applied.

I think you can assume the likelihood of an interview is high. You haven't provided much additional info eg how much time you have actually spent together/lived together - unless you have spent quite a lot of time living together, before and after your application, IRCC will likely be quite skeptical.
I applied in July 2020 but my application was return in Feb 2021 and am planning to apply again August and this time i have gathered enough evidence.
I have chats and Video calls everyday of my marriage,
I have emails, I have Gifts exchanges btw us, I have Prove of support such as funds, Letters from family and friends, I have Marriage and reception pictures, I have Trips pictures and receptions receipts, I have Social media Post document. I have a enough document for the process

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied in July 2020 but my application was return in Feb 2021 and am planning to apply again August and this time i have gathered enough evidence.
I have chats and Video calls everyday of my marriage,
I have emails, I have Gifts exchanges btw us, I have Prove of support such as funds, Letters from family and friends, I have Marriage and reception pictures, I have Trips pictures and receptions receipts, I have Social media Post document. I have a enough document for the process
How much time have you physically spent together / resided together?

Reactions: YVR123

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My husband recently attended an interview and the agent was satisfied at the time of interview. We have some years apart but not that significant, cultural differences, religion same.