+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Age gape of 24

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You spoke so well but not case all the same. I have someone with only 2 visits and there are no problems. First visit was for marriage and second visit was for anniversary and the Sponsor is older with some few age and the application was successful. Nobody is saying i should address every red flags on my love letter tp clarify them with it. My wife can't get more than 21days vacation from work because she work with the government and there is prove for that also.

In all i think addressing all red flags on a our love letter will be more better.
Yes, I later amended that I am not saying you cannot succeed as is. There are so many variables, even the type of Officer that picks up your application...some are cool and some are heavily suspicious, or maybe prejudice....I reckon the exact same app being processed by two different officers can have two different outcomes....this isnt an exact science by any means.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
does IRCC also suspects more on interracial marriages?
My husband and I area interracial with very different cultures. yes, it can be a red flag.

ETA: I shouldn't say the interracial in itself is the red flag, but very different culturally, yes.

• Haha
Reactions: esam99

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife who added me online and also propose also. we got prove for that also. I'm from Africa and I know it will be very scrutinize. I will prepare my case stronger before interview also. I am not scared of interview at all because i know my wife very well just as i know my self also. I will prepare for everything and make more visit by next year also.
Are you employed in your country? Expect this to be a long process because of concern. Worse to worse your wife can join you in Africa and after living together for a while you can reapply.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
My wife is almost 13 years older than me. We did not have any issues with her eligibility. We did not go an extra mile to prove the authenticity of our relationship. We just provided what was required. No interviews, no ADRs.

We do have a child together though

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
My wife is almost 13 years older than me. We did not have any issues with her eligibility. We did not go an extra mile to prove the authenticity of our relationship. We just provided what was required. No interviews, no ADRs.

I'd imagine having a child together was a big point in your favour.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I'd imagine having a child together was a big point in your favour.
Right but there are cases of rejections for families with kids too.

We, for example, did not have a formal wedding ceremony with reception and because of that we were not able to provide photos of the wedding as we don't have any.

My point is that there are many ways to support your case even if your situation is unconventional.

Reactions: Linux100 and YVR123

Linux100

Sep 4, 2020

We, for example, did not have a formal wedding ceremony with reception and because of that we were not able to provide photos of the wedding as we don't have any.

My point is that there are many ways to support your case even if your situation is unconventional.
Did you get approved

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019

expatgoingback

Sep 10, 2020
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020

I'm sure there are lots of ways. I assume you had also spent more than a couple of weeks with your wife. In my opinion the OP's situation, at least how he describes it, will cause a lot of red flags to be raised.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

We didn't do anything extra miles as well. As we live together before and after the wedding. Wedding was small but we did have pictures (matter of fact, our wedding was at a photo studio that a friend let us used for free for our wedding)

I am 15 years older than my husband. We do not have kid though.

I think OP's issue is not much time together. And may be a relatively short relationship before getting married on top of the age gap.

Reactions: armoured

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

You are an American/Canadian couple? That matters too. PA's that come from countries that require a visa to enter Canada are much more scrutinized... its harder for these folks to get in to Canada on any given Sunday.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Country of residence is a major factor and we are talking about a much bigger age difference. Time together, length of relationship, whether someone depends to benefit from immigrating from Canada is part of the scrutiny because unfortunately there are many cases where relationships dissolve after a spouse gets PR, etc. As I specified before if you do get denied you can consider living in your home country for a while or in another country to show that it is a true relationship.

Reactions: his*marty

MushroomBB

Jun 9, 2021
I have spent less time with her and visited me 2 times now
first visit was short and just a week because of there was a delay of her visa and the second time is 3 weeks with a a lot of trips.
Are you currently working in your home country?
I saw you said you have fund support as proof. Do you mean your wife is financially supporting you?
By the way, Canada reopening the border to fully vaccinated tourists in September, I think you can start to plan your visiting trip.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you currently working in your home country?
I saw you said you have fund support as proof. Do you mean your wife is financially supporting you?
By the way, Canada reopening the border to fully vaccinated tourists in September, I think you can start to plan your visiting trip.
Getting a TRV as a spouse of a Canadian can be very difficult.

Reactions: his*marty