+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Again and Again Landing Toronto Question

tetunte

Hero Member
Jul 25, 2013
991
50
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
2171
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
Hi, this August, doing my landing (short landing indeed) in Canada.

Do I need new photos as they changed the specification for PR Card, Don't I?

what happen if the officer refuse to process my PR card because my short landing, do
I need to disclose that?

or what advice can provide to get my pr card in a short landing?

Do you think that a proof of fund must be translated?

Thank you, any help would be appreciate it
 
 

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
3,180
187
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2014
CBSA has nothing to do with the pr card processing, and you won't receive your PR card at landing. At landing, the CBSA officer and yourself will initial and sign your COPR form - that's it. The CBSA officer will send in an application on your behalf to get your PR card and will ask you for a canadian address for where the card should be sent. There is a substantial wait to get the physical card (it can take anywhere from 2-6 months).

IF you need new pictures, you will not know until the PR processing centre in Sydney, NS notifies you. Generally this is done through regular mail service, though they may start emailing people because of the Canada Post impending strike/lockout. So, no you don't need to submit anything at landing for your pr card. it is taken car of for you. If you feel the need to bring new pictures with you to landing, note CBSA is under no obligation to take them. While they may take them and send them on, more than likely they will tell you to wait until they are requested from the PR Card office.
 

tetunte

Hero Member
Jul 25, 2013
991
50
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
2171
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
05-08-2015
IELTS Request
26-05-2015 with application
File Transfer...
09-09-2015
Med's Request
09-09-2015
Med's Done....
25-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
July 31 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
CBSA has nothing to do with the pr card processing, and you won't receive your PR card at landing. At landing, the CBSA officer and yourself will initial and sign your COPR form - that's it. The CBSA officer will send in an application on your behalf to get your PR card and will ask you for a canadian address for where the card should be sent. There is a substantial wait to get the physical card (it can take anywhere from 2-6 months).

IF you need new pictures, you will not know until the PR processing centre in Sydney, NS notifies you. Generally this is done through regular mail service, though they may start emailing people because of the Canada Post impending strike/lockout. So, no you don't need to submit anything at landing for your pr card. it is taken car of for you. If you feel the need to bring new pictures with you to landing, note CBSA is under no obligation to take them. While they may take them and send them on, more than likely they will tell you to wait until they are requested from the PR Card office.
Thank you, but I understand that CBSA can deny the PR card processing based in the fact of my short landing, is this true.

How to avoid this, Do I need to assure them that my landing is for good? ( they will check my returning flight, so what can I tell to them?)
 

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
1,511
52
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
tetunte said:
Thank you, but I understand that CBSA can deny the PR card processing based in the fact of my short landing, is this true.

How to avoid this, Do I need to assure them that my landing is for good? ( they will check my returning flight, so what can I tell to them?)
If they do anything, they can refuse to land you if they suspect you aren't ready to settle in Canada. It's a possibility depending on the individual CBSA officer. This has nothing to do with PR card processing. They certainly won't land you and then refuse to process your PR card. If you successfully land, you'll get your PR card.

Just don't volunteer any information that isn't asked, but if they ask you directly answer any questions honestly.
 

Sudar

Full Member
Sep 21, 2015
27
0
Decoy24601 said:
If they do anything, they can refuse to land you if they suspect you aren't ready to settle in Canada.
I am sorry but I do not understand why would CBSA officer would refuse entry. I understand that they might not take any address for PR card but why would they refuse entry. Are there any rules or guidelines about this? Can we POLITELY argue/challenge/convince the officer to let us in?

If I short-land successfully but my PR card application isn't processed, do I have reasonable expectation to get PRTD after about 1-2 years? I don't want to get into trouble but is it an offence to get PR cards mailed by friends in Canada to elsewhere even if I duly authorize to do so?
 
 

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
13,190
2,419
Sudar said:
I am sorry but I do not understand why would CBSA officer would refuse entry. I understand that they might not take any address for PR card but why would they refuse entry. Are there any rules or guidelines about this? Can we POLITELY argue/challenge/convince the officer to let us in?

If I short-land successfully but my PR card application isn't processed, do I have reasonable expectation to get PRTD after about 1-2 years? I don't want to get into trouble but is it an offence to get PR cards mailed by friends in Canada to elsewhere even if I duly authorize to do so?
people often come on forums like these and quote worst case scenarios without any real detail creating unecessary anxiety.

People do short landings all the time without issue and in fact is even possible that CBSA expect a number of short landings given how easy it is to travel these days and fact emigration is such a big step. All people need to do is to ensure they have all their documentation with them and in order to present for inspection ready for a welcome to Canada.

For the PR card you will need to provide a Canadian address as they will not mail outside the country. If happens to be a friends address no problem as that is an expected option anyway for a newcomer. No law that says your friends cannot then mail your card to you outside of country.

Not sure understand your comment re prtd and 1-2 years just remember you cannot be out of the country more than 3 years in first 5 years in order to maintain residency obligation. There are various posts on here about travel without PR card more qualified than what I could add.
 

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
1,511
52
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I'm not saying it's guaranteed to happen, I said if anything. I apologize if I was not clear that this isn't normal. I only meant to say that it does happen to some people from time to time, since you asked what could happen. I was also trying to clarify that this isn't related to the processing of your PR card at all.
 

Sudar

Full Member
Sep 21, 2015
27
0
Decoy and BS65, thank you for your response, I am not the OP but I am in a similar situation. I am sure that short-landing should be acceptable for all practical reasons. But since time and again I see someone quoting against it makes me think if I am overlooking anything.