+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After test , How Long i have to wait for oath ceremony letter ?

Nov 3, 2013
i'm starting new post about the test results and waiting time for the oath in London,Ontario.
I wrote the test September 25th,2013 London, Ontario. Anyone has received the letter for oath ceremony yet in London Ontario??
How long I have to wait for Oath in London Ontario ? Called CIC I passed test and when I was Interview with an officer she told me the
same thing passed test just wait for Oath .(NO RQ so far) Thanks in advance.

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
Congratulations! Also in London area here--I know someone who passed the test in June and received his letter in early August, requesting him to appear at the Exeter Road CIC courtroom on August 29. So he only had about 3 weeks' notice once he got the letter. I attended the ceremony and it was quite an interesting experience--58 people from about 20 different countries received their citizenship certificates. And the judge asked everyone (including the guests) to repeat the oath in French--and then declared everyone officially bilingual. :)

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Yelsew

how long did you wait for you oath letter ? what is your timeline ?
would you please to share it ? It has been 39 days ( 1 month and 9 days )
after my test but still no letter .

thank you .

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
Hi waitingforoathletter,

Actually, it was my friend who was waiting, not me. As I said, he passed the test in June (around the middle of the month, I think) and received the letter in early August, so that would be roughly six weeks. It looks like you've been waiting about the same length of time, but maybe give it another week or two and if you still haven't heard, give CIC a call. I suppose the scheduling depends on things such as the availability of a citizenship judge and perhaps they need a certain number of candidates to make it 'cost effective'.

Nov 3, 2013
Hi Yelsew

Thank you so much for information , yes I do agree with you the scheduling depends on things such as the availability of a citizenship judge and perhaps they need a certain number of candidates to make it 'cost effective'. but almost December you know (Christmas holiday Season ) they might not have any oath ceremony in December which means I have to wait until Jan 2014 ..oh well such is life . thanks again .

Aamir89

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know you have to wait from 4-8 weeks. But in my case I was lucky I got in 2 weeks.

Thanks