+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After studies Post graduation work permit visa type ??

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I got my visa this nov as student visa s1 till march 2014, and I have enrolled for a 12 mnth program at GBC, toronto. Out of 12 mnth I hav 8 mnths of study and 4 mnths co-op training.
And after dat I would be looking for 1 year of post graduate work permit.

I have few queries in regard to dis.
1) After six mnths I wud apply for my wrk permit to wrk off campus, and after 8 mnths I wud apply for wrk permit for my co-op internship

DO I HAVE TO APPLY FOR 2 WRK PERMITS ??

2) I have my study permit till march 2014 and my program will comete in DEC 2013n so after that I would apply for my PGWP.

SO IS IT ONLY A PERMIT OR ITS A VISA IN ITSELF WITH ITS OWN VALIDITY ??
And if its a permit for what visa shud I apply for after march 2014 to remain wrking on PGWP ??

PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS :):)

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
saurabh54 said:
Hi all,
I got my visa this nov as student visa s1 till march 2014, and I have enrolled for a 12 mnth program at GBC, toronto. Out of 12 mnth I hav 8 mnths of study and 4 mnths co-op training.

1) After six mnths I wud apply for my wrk permit to wrk off campus, and after 8 mnths I wud apply for wrk permit for my co-op internship

2) I have my study permit till march 2014 and my program will comete in DEC 2013n so after that I would apply for my PGWP.

And if its a permit for what visa shud I apply for after march 2014 to remain wrking on PGWP ??

1)After 6 months you can apply for OFF Campus permit in which you can only work 20HR per week during your studies.
2) After course completion you can apply for Open work permit, they grant you 1yr open permit on 12 months course.
3) You can complete your Co-op on off campus permit and you can work full time on it.

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
saurabh54 said:
Hi all,

1. yes you need 2 permit. But what's the logic, you will get off campus work permit after 6 months + 58 days processing days.
2. Its for course duration + 90 days with in which you must apply for a PGWP.

saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jay, thanks for clarifying,

Could u pls also help me on this ??