+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After step 1, how to make sure the application IS sent to to Manila for step 2 ?

mikaeru

Jun 9, 2014
Hello!

the CIC asked us for the CSQ, so we mailed it to them, and we a week later, we asked them if they received it, and if they were ready to send the application to Manila for step 2. They told us they didn't have time yet, and that we should check this link often http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=11, to see what's going on.

Currently, all this mentions in detail is that they received the basic application and her medical results, but nothing about the CSQ, and no further infos about them sending something to Manila.

I can't seem to be able to attach images in my post, but I found a place on CIC's website stating the list of PR application statuses, which should be either IN PROCSS, WITHDRAWN, DECISION MADE, or COMPLETE, but I can't see any of these words in the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=11 page above...

Since step 2 is ~15 months in our case, we want to avoid extra delays.

thanks!

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Unfortunately, most of us going through Manila don't get AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) from Manila so most of us don't know anything for several months, until they get passport request. (I'm assuming you already got stage 1 (sponsorship) approval?)

We applied in early February, and until mid-August, all we could see was "your application for PR has been received on February 6, 2014." It didn't even say medicals were received, even though most people seemed to have that written there as well.

In mid August the status finally changed to "in process" and we are waiting. we also had to submit additional documents to Manila, and we sent them by fedex 2 weeks ago. The delivery has been confirmed, but no word from Manila, so I'm trying to think that no news is good news...

By the way, I have heard here and there that Manila is starting to send out AOR so hopefully you'll get that email soon!

mikaeru

Jun 9, 2014
thank you so much!

yeah, as the sponsor I got accepted by Canada and also QC and received the papers, it's just that apparently the federal and provincial authorities don't appear to exchange data real much..

Can you tell me what are the additional documents you had to send to Manila ?

I wish they'd give more feedback too!

Good luck too

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
They required a second police certificate from us because they didn't like the first one.

Since Manila is very bad at answering emails (they say the current wait time for email responses is 28 days, and that if your application has not been 15 months, they are not even going to answer your email (if you're asking about the state of your application.) ) we ordered GCMS notes to hopefully gain some insight on what's going on...

mikaeru

Jun 9, 2014
they should just spend a few hours building an interface for us to view our application statuses and save tons of hours of calls and emails!

I checked this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/pia/global-phase2.asp about your GCMS but I don't get what this is about.
If they didn't like your first certificate, you had to go to another police place to get a new one, or just submitting the *same* again worked ?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Yeah, if there were more transparency during this procedure, there would be way less people sending futile emails and calling. They'd save themselves a lot of harassment I'd think...

You can order your GCMS notes - notes pertaining to your file made by the VO - to hopefully gain some insight into the status of your application. The notes aren't summarized or anything, so apparently unless you're familiar with the lingo and abbreviations, they can be more confusing than anything else. But people on this forum can help you decipher them.

I got a second police certificate from another consulate in another country, mainly because that is where I happened to be at the time and I didn't want to fly back to Japan for two three months to apply for the certificate again. The second certificate I got looked almost identical to the first (not surprising, since each government/consulate has their own official formats) but I sent it because what else could I do? I can't tell a foreign government how to issue their police certificates... (well I tried and they told me they issue their documents according to their official standards and I can take it or leave it) I sent it to Manila but no answer, so I don't know if it "worked" or not.

jill15

Sep 23, 2014
@kayaker

hello!. just wanna ask if how long does it take before you received an email from manila requesting to send your passport to manila? have you send it already? im curious cause my husband just received the step 1 (approved) last september 10. I'm wondering why it stated 15 months for visa processing here in the Philippines cause i heard from someone that they got there visa after 3 months right after step 1's done. thank you!!

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
I still haven't received a passport request. Actually, I don't think they ask for my passport, I think they just ask for Appendix A because I'm from Japan. Anyway, they haven't asked for Appendix A either.

I got step 1 approval in March 2014. Additional doc requested in late July, submitted mid September. No communication from them since late July.

Well, the "15 months" is how long it takes for them to process most (80%) cases. So it's more a worse case scenario than a median. Have you checked out the Manila spreadsheet?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Check this out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiqQW9CdV8Q_dGNKMzZPT2laaVRvQm1NMGhkaERFUHc#gid=0

you can enter your own info there too, using your profile name on this forum. People update the spreadsheet themselves.

mikaeru

Jun 9, 2014
wow thanks for the spread sheet !

Everyone should have access to this!

Is there a chart to explain the columns abbreviations ?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
No, not as far as I know... but if you ask on the forum someone will definitely be able to tell you. You can ask me too; I'm not sure I know all of them but I might be able to answer some of them.