+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the visa

Effer

Aug 1, 2017
My email says

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
OK I got the same email .. From different forums and my lawyer says that they just need to stamp our is visa and send us a COPR (confirmation of Permanent residence). If you status says approved then congrats.. Mine shows processing..i heard they dispatch all the passports in one batch so maybe yours is getting delayed because of the rest.. Probably ours will come together in one batch.

Reactions: arthi saba

arthi saba

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
OK I got the same email .. From different forums and my lawyer says that they just need to stamp our is visa and send us a COPR (confirmation of Permanent residence). If you status says approved then congrats.. Mine shows processing..i heard they dispatch all the passports in one batch so maybe yours is getting delayed because of the rest.. Probably ours will come together in one batch.
Hopefully we get ours soon. All the best

emeron

Nov 27, 2017
it's been 2 weeks now since cic requested for pp, and there is no update since, do anyone no how long it would take

Effer

Aug 1, 2017
it's been 2 weeks now since cic requested for pp, and there is no update since, do anyone no how long it would take
some of us are in the same situation as yours. im also waiting ... it usually takes minimum of 10 working days... to max 1 month i think.. working days does not include weekends

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hello.
I applied for study permit twice and was denied in all. I requested for my GCMS note and the Visa officer said there is no Carrer progression.
I have some concerns based on the reasons given. I read Chemistry for first degree, applied for post graduate Diploma in Business admin. I have 3 years work experience as a Business Development officer.prior to this I worked 1 year as a chemist.I graduated with a second class lower, so I went for PGD as Masters needs second class upper. Pls based on the GCMS note, what can I do?
1-What does Career prgression mean? Cant it be either first degree or work experience?Or must career progression be related to first degree and not work experience?
2-Can I apply again?
3-If am to appy is it safe to apply for PGD in chemistry or will this tell the VO that am desperate, why Business admin twice and now changed to chemistry)?

rpthakar

Feb 16, 2018
some of us are in the same situation as yours. im also waiting ... it usually takes minimum of 10 working days... to max 1 month i think.. working days does not include weekends
Hi..have you get back your passport?? I am in d situation...