+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the visa

taidli

Dec 28, 2017
Application Submitted: Online for TRV (inside Canada) December 3rd
Request for Passsport: December 7th
Mailed Passport: December 8th via CanadaPost Xpresspost
Passport Delivered: Tracking number shows delivery on December 12th to Ottawa.
No further update as yet.

Also the below message still shows on my application portal.

Final Update:

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details

Any help is appreciated. I also sent them an inquiry using the webform. Just worried about my passport. Will update here if they reply.
Hi. Did you receive any updates about your case

nivmah

Aug 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Nomination.....
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Passport Req..
06-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018
Hi. Did you receive any updates about your case
No nothing as of now. I guess they will only reply/update in January 2018 considering that the NY weekend is starting.

nivmah

Aug 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Nomination.....
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Passport Req..
06-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018

Sabine.Rains

Dec 12, 2017
Application Submitted: Online for TRV (inside Canada) December 3rd
Request for Passsport: December 7th
Mailed Passport: December 8th via CanadaPost Xpresspost
Passport Delivered: Tracking number shows delivery on December 12th to Ottawa.
No further update as yet.

Also the below message still shows on my application portal.

Final Update:

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details

Any help is appreciated. I also sent them an inquiry using the webform. Just worried about my passport. Will update here if they reply.
Hi there,

It took 2 weeks for me from the time CIC received my passport till my account was updated to Approved. My CIC account was updated to approved on Dec 22nd and as of today my tracking number has not yet been activated. From reading other people's experiences I guess we need to allow up to 10 days after approval for the tracking number to activate, also considering the holidays it might take longer. So i guess just wait for like 10 days and then call them. That's what I'm going to do. Best of luck!

nivmah

Aug 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Nomination.....
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Passport Req..
06-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018
Hi there,

My CIC account was updated to approved on Dec 22nd and as of today my tracking number has not yet been activated. From reading other people's experiences I guess we need to allow up to 10 days after approval for the tracking number to activate, also considering the holidays it might take longer. So i guess just wait for like 10 days and then call them. That's what I'm going to do. Best of luck!
Thank you! Will contact them after first week of January if there is no change! Please do keep me posted here as and when your tracking gets activated. May i ask when you sent your passport?

Sabine.Rains

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you! Will contact them after first week of January if there is no change! Please do keep me posted here as and when your tracking gets activated. May i ask when you sent your passport?
I know it's a frustrating process, but just be patient. I had to cancel all my tickets for this.

Here is my processing time for TRV from within Canada to Ottawa office:

Submitted my application online: Nov 15th
Passport request: Dec 4th
Canadapost tracking delivered to Ottawa: Dec 7th
Application approved in CIC system: Dec 22nd

Called CIC yesterday and they said my application is closed and it means they have sent my passport back. The agent was really nice and talked to Ottawa office, they couldn't track my passport. I'm assuming the package is not yet scanned by Canada Post. I'll wait a couple of days after holidays and if not then will proceed to call them again. Just relax and enjoy your holiday for now :)

nivmah

Aug 17, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
Nomination.....
31-03-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Passport Req..
06-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2018
LANDED..........
01-03-2018
I know it's a frustrating process, but just be patient. I had to cancel all my tickets for this.

Called CIC yesterday and they said my application is closed and it means they have sent my passport back. The agent was really nice and talked to Ottawa office, they couldn't track my passport. I'm assuming the package is not yet scanned by Canada Post. I'll wait a couple of days after holidays and if not then will proceed to call them again. Just relax and enjoy your holiday for now :)
Thank you for your reply. Puts me at ease a little. Happy New Year to you! :)

taidli

Dec 28, 2017

Hi. When you call CIC, can they check your case directly
I called them and talked to them that I have flight on 20 Jan, I asked them to handle my case quicker but they said i should send e mail to Ottawa office. I already sent mail but i didn't receive their reply.

Sabine.Rains

Dec 12, 2017
Hi. When you call CIC, can they check your case directly
I called them and talked to them that I have flight on 20 Jan, I asked them to handle my case quicker but they said i should send e mail to Ottawa office. I already sent mail but i didn't receive their reply.
I asked them the same thing, to process my case quicker as I had my flight on Dec 14th, but they said they have been instructed to tell us that they can send me the passport but there wont be any guarantee there will eb visa stamp in it. So I waited and cancelled my flight. My return tracking number got activated today.

taidli

Dec 28, 2017
I asked them the same thing, to process my case quicker as I had my flight on Dec 14th, but they said they have been instructed to tell us that they can send me the passport but there wont be any guarantee there will eb visa stamp in it. So I waited and cancelled my flight. My return tracking number got activated today.
Many thanks Sabine, Could we ask them send back passport and extend passport request letter 1 month more

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Guys, I am pleased to inform you that, my LMIA exempted WP approved today. for spouse together I applied for SOWP, and child visitor visa. All approved together as TRVs. My local VO is Rome.

I just received PPR request letter via message in MyCIC.

I applied on 08-Oct-2017, but took longer time than expected, several times I requested them to consider in GSS, but anyways, it's approved now.

In letter they only required original passport. Nothing mentioned about photos, or via VFS (VAC).

Should I dispatch all passports directly to Embassy in Rome, or via VFS? I suppose along with pre-paid return envelope too?

mahinav

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
my timeline as: applied trv : 18 nov
passport request : 28 nov
passport sent out to cic : 30 nov
passport received by cic: 4 dec
visa stamped : 15 dec
return tracker activated:21 dec
passport received back: 28 dec

one of my friend needs her passport asap, once her tracker activated and shows that her passport is in Calgary ,she called Canada post and picked up passport from main post office.Just to let you know if someone need passport urgent.

thank you

Reactions: Bontou

taidli

Dec 28, 2017
my timeline as: applied trv : 18 nov
passport request : 28 nov
passport sent out to cic : 30 nov
passport received by cic: 4 dec
visa stamped : 15 dec
return tracker activated:21 dec
passport received back: 28 dec

one of my friend needs her passport asap, once her tracker activated and shows that her passport is in Calgary ,she called Canada post and picked up passport from main post office.Just to let you know if someone need passport urgent.

thank you
Amazing. It just took you 11 days for passport stamped. Can you show me the number of Canada Post