+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the visa

sanketraj

Mar 19, 2017
Hi thanx @Ruchisp2 . Neither there is any update on profile ,nor the tracker has been updated yet. I guesss this is very second week they hold passport so ll wait as you are saying and keep an eye on whether they are posting something on my profile or not .

However , thnx very much for ur inputs Ruchisp2.
cheers.

May 25, 2017
I applied for a work permit from India online on Jul 24, got a passport request Sep 8, submitted my passport on Sep 11. The VFS tracker changed on Sep13 and says my processed passport has been dispatched but no approval letter on CIC portal yet. Does this mean my visa was rejected?

TheKMan

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
Hi thanx @Ruchisp2 . Neither there is any update on profile ,nor the tracker has been updated yet. I guesss this is very second week they hold passport so ll wait as you are saying and keep an eye on whether they are posting something on my profile or not .

However , thnx very much for ur inputs Ruchisp2.
cheers.
Hey buddy, did u receive the passport?

Sep 20, 2017
Helllo Guys....... Greetings

1)PPR on 30 th Aug 2017,
2)no changes in profile Since then. (1st Sep 17 to 9 th Sep Profile was not opening "nothing was view-able ")
3) Now able to see profile . No changes in profile even after PAssport Rewuest.

4) sent passport on designated address on 1st Sep. 17
return Canada post tracker hasnt been activated yet.
What to expect next? Does any one have Idea based on individual timeline?

Thanks in Advance for your suggrstions if any make.
did you get your passport yet ?

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
(I am Prmary Applicant):
- Got Ready for Visa email on Aug 1st.
- CIC Ottawa received my passport on Aug 21st - the delay in sending passport was due to family and I living in two different countries and needed clarification in terms of where should my family send their passports.
- They requested fresh set of two passport photos of me on Aug 24th, which they received on Aug 31st from me.
- Emailed CIC on Sep 15th for an update.
- Received email update on Sep 18th to wait as visa is being processed on my passport.

(My Dependents):
- Instructions for family's passports were received on Aug 28th; passports were received in home country Canada Embassy on Aug 30th.
- Passports with visa and PPR document were collected on Sep 14th by my family.

My family (dependents) sent their passports to Canada Embassy in their home country and received them back in a little over two weeks. So they already have PPR document and visa stamped on their passports. The only reason for delay with my passport I can think of is that Ottawa office must have a larger number of passports to process visas.

I checked FedEx tracking with the return label tracking number, it still shows no movement as of today.

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Just received my passport/docs back today. I emailed them early morning on Oct. 5th and received an email saying my cic account was updated the same day. Then checked my tracking number and saw that my shipping label had started travelling.

Lattygaye

Oct 2, 2017
If your passport was requested does it mean Visa approved? Secondly my passport only have 1 year left will i be able to get my visa for a 2 yr program?

ninja87

Apr 19, 2017
Im an Indian Citizen working at Saudi Arabia. I had sent my passport to Abu Dhabi Canada Embassy and got delivered on September 27. Im waiting for an update till date. How long does it take for PR visa stamping?

np95

Oct 20, 2017
Just received my passport/docs back today. I emailed them early morning on Oct. 5th and received an email saying my cic account was updated the same day. Then checked my tracking number and saw that my shipping label had started travelling.
Hi , so in how long did you receive your passport back, after mailing within canada ?