+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Thank you for your time! However, I am not sure if they have left any option for us :)

The email says;

If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

PO Box 8781

Ottawa, ON K1G 4B9
I did the same thing you mentioned above, only thing is my attorney did it on my behalf. XPresspost to send and also return envolope again with XPresspost including my Annex 1, Photos and last but not least my passport.

I finally got passport approved, return tracker has been activated. Expecting my passport back on Friday. I checked the Canada Post app to see the updates. It seems like it's been activated but not yet been processed to the facilities yet. I called up the Canada Post hotline to see whats going on. The guy I have spoken to was very friendly and helpful. He said that due to the strike my area is heavily effected (Toronto). He basically told me that express post is not as fast as it should be since there is a lot of backlog currently. He also mentioned that I should wait until Friday to receive it, if not give them a call back again, but he said that from Ottowa to Toronto it shouldn't take over 3 days. Hopefully i will receive it at the end of the week so i can travel and come back to become inland immigrant.

The only thing you can do right now is to be patient it seems. But Canada Post seems to be getting back so it should clear out soon. Best of luck to everyone!

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Yeah fair point. I ended up using Canada Post (and being stupid enough not to take a picture of the return envelope :mad:
Ah, i wish you took a photo. Very easy to track once you enter the tracker on the app. You get immediate notification. Save you time and energy.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I did the same thing you mentioned above, only thing is my attorney did it on my behalf. XPresspost to send and also return envolope again with XPresspost including my Annex 1, Photos and last but not least my passport.

I finally got passport approved, return tracker has been activated. Expecting my passport back on Friday. I checked the Canada Post app to see the updates. It seems like it's been activated but not yet been processed to the facilities yet. I called up the Canada Post hotline to see whats going on. The guy I have spoken to was very friendly and helpful. He said that due to the strike my area is heavily effected (Toronto). He basically told me that express post is not as fast as it should be since there is a lot of backlog currently. He also mentioned that I should wait until Friday to receive it, if not give them a call back again, but he said that from Ottowa to Toronto it shouldn't take over 3 days. Hopefully i will receive it at the end of the week so i can travel and come back to become inland immigrant.

The only thing you can do right now is to be patient it seems. But Canada Post seems to be getting back so it should clear out soon. Best of luck to everyone!
When did you send your?

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Hey guys, the Canada Post strike ended at noon yesterday.

I sent everything to Ottawa through XpressPost yesterday evening, and was told that there are some backlogs. So I should expect my package to be delivered only next week (as oppose to next day). Lol

Edit: There's only a 24 hour delay as of the latest info I have on my package. So we should be okay!

Last edited:

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hey guys, the Canada Post strike ended at noon yesterday.

I sent everything to Ottawa through XpressPost yesterday evening, and was told that there are some backlogs. So I should expect my package to be delivered only next week (as oppose to next day). Lol

Edit: There's only a 24 hour delay as of the latest info I have on my package. So we should be okay!
So, when you say "to be delivered only next week", is it to be delivered them or delivered back to you after the visa?

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
So, when you say "to be delivered only next week", is it to be delivered them or delivered back to you after the visa?
Delivered to Ottawa from Toronto.

Return would depend on how fast Ottawa stamps the visa and dispatches my passport. Hopefully within this year

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Delivered to Ottawa from Toronto.

Return would depend on how fast Ottawa stamps the visa and dispatches my passport. Hopefully within this year
yeah! That's what I thought! The Xpress isn't Xpress anymore! :rolleyes:
I wish these delays get over soon. :)

tanzee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
yeah! That's what I thought! The Xpress isn't Xpress anymore! :rolleyes:
I wish these delays get over soon. :)
Yeah, not much delay- just 24 hours- according to the latest tracking info. So instead of being delivered Nov 29, it will be on Nov 30. It's clearing up quickly! :)

Juk11

Star Member
May 22, 2018
My passport reached Ottawa office today.
Not sure if my photo specifications are correct.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My passport reached Ottawa office today.
Not sure if my photo specifications are correct.
When you got those clicked, did you tell the guy you need it for PR purposes?

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
My package updated early morning 1:34 AM, it's in Mississauga now. There is a high chance that it may be delivered end of today or maybe tomorrow.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I took this photo in lndia July 2018, just white background. When you taken photo here was it bit bigger size than our usual passport photos.
yeah! I just got mine clicked. A friend of our, who just got his PPR in August, suggested to get them from Shoppers Drugmart. His first set of pics were rejected so them he did from Shoppers Drugmart and just got his PR card last month only.
Yes, there are bigger than usual photos that we submit.