+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

Tnh

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
It seems like very slow right now. I think we only have to wait. But I probably will call them on Wednesday. If your friend has any news please let me know. Thank you.
My friend called back cic today and they said her pr visa has been printed and should be mailed back out to her today. It still is not updated online yet tho

Dannikh

Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys, Does anyone have any idea on how long does CPC-O take to stamp the PR visa and send it back? Expected delivery by Canada post is 2017/08/11 but still, nothing changed and I hadn't received any mail until this time.

juju2017

Aug 16, 2017
Hi there, I am in Canada extending my TRV. I sent my passport to Ottawa on Aug 4, they received on Aug 8, online status changed on Aug 11. However, the tracker hasn't been activated.I sent by Canada post and I live in Victoria.

Shall I call or is it still in normal processing time??

Ju_Feth

May 29, 2017
I'm freaking out! CPC-O received my passport on July 11th and so far it have not been returned!!! I call CIC every week and they tell me that the visa has been printed, and they can not do anything!
I received an email on Monday from CPC saying that it would return shortly, but so far the tracking has not been activated :mad::mad::mad:

juju2017

Aug 16, 2017
I'm freaking out! CPC-O received my passport on July 11th and so far it have not been returned!!! I call CIC every week and they tell me that the visa has been printed, and they can not do anything!
I received an email on Monday from CPC saying that it would return shortly, but so far the tracking has not been activated :mad::mad::mad:
Hey, did you send to Ottawa? Did your online application status change to "Final decision has been made."?

Ju_Feth

May 29, 2017
My status changed on Aug 11. My tracking hasn't been activated either.... So frustrating.
You have no idea how mad I'm!
I'm pregnant and I have to do the landing to get access to the health system of Quebec, I'm having to spend a lot of money on my appointments and exams, I was counting that they would return it to me in 15 days as they used to and my passport is there 37 days ago!
The deadline for CPC return it is 30 days isn't?

juju2017

Aug 16, 2017
You have no idea how mad I'm!
I'm pregnant and I have to do the landing to get access to the health system of Quebec, I'm having to spend a lot of money on my appointments and exams, I was counting that they would return it to me in 15 days as they used to and my passport is there 37 days ago!
The deadline for CPC return it is 30 days isn't?
Oh my!!!
My tracking status is just activated! Check yours!