+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After sending passport, how long does CIC take to stamp the PR visa?

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
any one sent their pp to cic abu dhabi? how long they can hold your passport for visa stamping before they will return it? submitted april thru vac oman up to now no news.

adietya123

Jun 23, 2017
Hello All ,

I have received a request mail for passport submission for PR stamping.I (currently in Canada) have applied as primary applicant and my spouse (currently in India) as dependent. The mail states that passport submission be done within 30 days.

I have following queries -

1. Is it possible that I send my passport to Canada Immigration office and spouse send it to any CIC regional office in India ?

2. How long does it usually take for the CIC to reply to our email query ? It has been 3 days since I have mailed them. And I am worried about the 30 days deadline provided.

Kindly share your experience & guidance on how should I proceed for passport submission.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hello All ,

I have received a request mail for passport submission for PR stamping.I (currently in Canada) have applied as primary applicant and my spouse (currently in India) as dependent. The mail states that passport submission be done within 30 days.

1. Is it possible that I send my passport to Canada Immigration office and spouse send it to any CIC regional office in India ?
You submit your passport to Ottawa first and do land in the boarder then cic gonna a issue new PPR letter for your wife to submit to your home country.
2. How long does it usually take for the CIC to reply to our email query ? It has been 3 days since I have mailed them. And I am worried about the 30 days deadline provided.
Usually 7-10 days.However I have received in 5 days.

Kindly share your experience & guidance on how should I proceed for passport submission.

Last edited:

Nana2017

Mar 10, 2017
I submitted my passport on July 19th to Ottawa. Still no response. I am hoping to receive it soon, may be next week

jorbe1211

Jun 29, 2017
I submitted my passport on July 19th to Ottawa. Still no response. I am hoping to receive it soon, may be next week
My passport arrived in Ottawa the same day,have checking the final decision status constantly but still in progress :(

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
Hello All ,

Same would like to know this

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
Hi.. I sent my passport on Jun 16th from US and it was delivered on Jun 19th.. Ottawa office.. Only update I have since then is it is sent to Print Room.. Getting so worried now .. it's almost 2 weeks and I don't think they take this long usually

jorbe1211

Jun 29, 2017
My passport arrived in Ottawa the same day,have checking the final decision status constantly but still in progress :(
My status in CIC was updated to approved today, finally, waiting for the passport to be sent out:). Hope you guys will get the status updated soon.

charan9985

Aug 7, 2014
Hello All ,

Dont worry.. u will get reply with in 7 working days( for me it took 5) from cic. In that email you will receive the instructions and u have to submit u r spouse passport and other documents and photos to 'VFS canada' office near to your spouse location in India. Then they will ship the document to canadian high commision in New delhi and it will return back with in 2 weeks. Mean while u can send u r passport in canada for stamping..

YYC Alberta

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys, I live in Calgary ,AB . I sent my passport on June 20 and it's received by CIC on June 22. When can I receive my passport back? Will it take longer than normal because it's June? I'm so worry and depressed right now , I check the tracking number everyday but it's still not activated. I have to come back to my country as soon as I can. I'll be so appreciate if anyone can answer me!